Sunday, April 1, 2018

Cards and layouts

I generally just manage one post a week recently because...well just because!  If you got here from WOYWW go herefor my weekly post...Anyway this week I have been busy and decided to do another post showing a fab kit I got from Close to My Heart.  I bought it in 2016 so I doubt if the kit is still available.

I used photos from a trip in 2016 to California to complete the layouts.
A road map and photos of the B&B
These first two pages are photos taken at the B&B that a friend gifted us a stay at when he heard we were coming to California!  John invited us to a Halloween party at his house in Oakland and we stayed here in Berkley!  Fun times!  This place, Rose Garden Inn was originally just one Victorian house in downtown Berkley that developed into a 7 houses in a group with murals, patios and lots of flowers!
I had never seen these big yellow Moon flowers!  
Our room was odd shaped actually had 8 different sections of wall that you can see in the pictures!  I was fascinated with all the flowers and murals and probably took 100 pictures of them...  We managed to take a couple days and visit with my daughter and husband in San Jose.  

Our strange shaped room at the Inn...don't you love the flowers!


Christine standing before the door, Heather and her Dad!
The Halloween party at John's house turned out to actually be two parties...one on Saturday night and one on Sunday for a group John belongs to in the SF Bay Area!  John lives in a house that is high up on a hill that overlooks Oakland and the Oakland bridge across the bay.  In the distance you can make out the Golden Gate bridge on a clear day.  

John has such a gorgeous back yard!  I love this gazebo!   
Some of the cute costumes at the party!











































I really like the Workshop to Go kits because they always give you enough card stock and embellishments to make a bunch of cards once you get your layouts done.  I made a total of 8 cards but could have made more.  I bought the dies and stamps that go with this set and really like the way they have turned out!

 






 Okay guess I will mosey along and see what else I can do today!  Heather Graff is my go for my CTMH addiction!  Check her site out!



1 comment:

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse