Friday, February 6, 2015

WOYWW February Art Journal Calendar

Well always an hour late and a dollar short but I decided regardless of how late I am I will still join WOYWW this week and make it around to as many desks as I can before next Wednesday.  Hey! You gotta give me an A plus for effort!  What is WOYWW?  It is a group of folks/artists that enjoy one another's company and snooping around one another's desks each Wednesday.  Go check out Julia's blog Stamping Ground and she will fill you in on the details.

My desk today...yeah I know it is a mess but you should have seen it earlier!!
I have been working on journal pages and lessons and paint is everywhere.  I am going to stop a minute and clean up and get ready to go again tonight! 

My February calendar for the Art Journal Calendar Challenge is finished and I really like the way it turned out.  I mixed up my own sprays for this and was surprised how well the Tim Holtz Barn Door and Festive Berries reinkers worked mixed in water.  I think they turned out pretty bright for the background.
Next I punched out the date hearts with a scalloped 1 1/2" heart punch and then used the "punch holes" as a stencil for the sides and a stencil for the back ground.  I used a Close To My Heart swirl stamp set for the background in Vintage Photo.  The month and year are cut from Stampin' Up! whisper white using Cricut Plantain Schoolhouse cartridge.  I don't remember where I got the vintage Valentine paper that I cut the Valentines out of and collage on the background but I wish I had more cause it is such a cute paper pattern.  I also found some candy hearts stickers in the stash that I used to fill in here and there. 

My next project was some tags for a swap on Creativeblock StampersAnonymous a Yahoo Group.  In the group we use only StampersAnon stamps and make tags each month from a prompt given to us by the group leader Sandy.  This months prompt was Steampunk Valentines. 
I used shiny silver cardstock to make the tags then ran them through the Vagabond using the riveted metal folder of Tim Holtz.  I brushed some black soot distress paint over it dull it down a bit.  The stamps are from the Odds and Ends and the Time Travelers sets.  I used all sorts of bits and pieces from my stash an most of it is from the Tim Holtz Ideology line. 

Hope you like my desk and art work today.  I had a lot of fun making them.  I am hoping to hop around to several desks this week and if you like what you see leave me a comment! 

2 comments:

  1. It does my eyes good to see a desk almost as messy as mine :) Though yours is creatively messy - mine is dumped on messy.

    Love your tags and that journal page is gorgeous!

    Carmen x #53

    ReplyDelete
  2. your journal art is beautiful and love love the tags
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse