Thursday, February 12, 2015

Documented Life Project 2015 the Journal

I am slowly working to get caught up on the Documented Life Project 2015 (DLP) and so far I have finished 2 weeks worth.  They issue the prompts on Art to the 5th every Saturday and you can work at your own pace doing the projects.  No stress!  They have a gallery you can post your work on and a page on Facebook but I am not sure if it is an official FB page.  It goes by the same name DLP 2015 and you can find it here.  It isn't one of those things that you absolutely have to do each week and you can work at your own pace as I said before.  Each month has a theme...January's was The Blank Page and How to Face It.   Each week has a challenge that fits in with that theme.

Week 1 has an Art Challenge to use Book Paper and a Journal Prompt: "Be Your Own Goal Keeper"
 As you can see I used torn bits of the book paper and collaged it on the page with flat gel medium.  My goals are to promise myself to learn, create, share, do, care etc.  I have several layers of paints on my pages and added some coarse texture gel flowers via stencil and hand drew the bigger flowers and vine.  I am a work in progress and I don't really care for my flowers but...they will do!

Week 2 has an Art Challenge to use gesso and a Journal Prompt:  “The beginning is always today.” -Mary Shelley
I gesso'd the entire page on both sides and then wet them a little and sprayed Dylusions inks on them.  I used Dylusions and Tim Holtz stamps and stencils to create the pages.  I also used Tim Holtz distress inks and markers and Spectrum Noir alcohol inks.  The white outlining is done with a Uniball pen and the textured leaves are a Dylusions stencil and coarse texture gel that absorbs the color from the page below. 

The challenges and prompts are up to your interpretation and there is no wrong or right in it.  Come play!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh I like both of these, I keep meaning to have a go at art journaling but can't seem to find the time at the moment oh well at least I can admire others for the time being!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your journal pages so happy looking
    have a good week, Happy WOYWW
    Thanks for sharing
    Mrs C.x #2 this week :)
    http://craftroomdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/woyww-march-14th-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journal are amazing I so L O V E them hugs
    happy WOYWW <3

    Peggy #14

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse