Sunday, January 25, 2015

Week 1 Beacon of Light

Last week I showed the warm up project from Lifebook 2015 week 1.  Tamara Laporte always does a lot the first week and it usually takes me a couple of weeks to get the first week done.  Week 1 this year even has more then in previous years.

In the introduction Tam gave a synopsis of the first week...it is a lot!  
 1. An introductory video in which you get to meet myself and Gracie (please watch it, I go over some important Life Book related things).
2. A Guided Meditation (Releasing Fears/ Worries + Welcoming in the New)  
3. Art Bites for Newbies & Beginners
4. An introduction to Colour Theory  
5. A Warm Up Exercise  
6. A Main project (creating our Beacon of Light)

What I like best about Lifebook is that is more then a art course it is also using art to help you heal and find yourself.  Tam isn't a shrink or therapist so she warns you not to do the various projects if it might influence you negatively.   If you are interested in learning some art and having fun check it out at Lifebook 2015.   It is self paced and you can do as much or as little as you want to do.

Okay that said I would like to share the main lesson from week 1.  The Beacon of Light...
I really had some problems getting it to  photograph appropriately because of the shiny paints and glitter on her hair and dress.  

Making the head and face was really hard for me and it is a little off but hey I am new to this stuff and a work in progress as I like to say.  I love glitter and there is some glitter on the hair rays and on the left side of her dress.   I also used some Dylusions stamps on the background and Glossy Accents on the eyes and charms dangling from her hands.  I used mainly paints from Michaels, watercolor crayons and ink pads from Stampin' Up!, scrap papers from the bin.

Hope you like her!  If you like to see my warm up page see the previous post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse