Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Stamp Man Challenge

I ran across a new to me blog tonight while I was surfing around the web! It is called The Stamp Man Challenge Blog and they host a challenge every two weeks. Looks interesting and I thought that I would start today! The challenge this time is to show off your favorite piece of work from 2011...Oh my I am having problems there cause I have several things I have done that I love and a lot more then I want to admit that I haven't photographed before giving them away!

I think what I am going to share is the button house that I recycled. I was given this old house with drawers but it wasn't such a prize at the time. Here is a picture of what I was given...
Pink and cutesy isn't my style so I took it in the craft room thinking I would hide it in the closet but I ran into a paper stack from Tim Holtz and knew right away what I wanted to do!!

Here is a picture of the finished house! Interesting change huh! If you would like to see some other views of the house go to my original post last June. The drawers hold buttons or other smallish findings and it is just a fun thing!


Check out The Stamp Man Challenge Blog and see what others are up to and enter the challenge!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Vickie,

    Happy New Year to you!

    I can understand why you would struggle trying to find your favourite make as you make such beauties!

    This button house is not only named so charmingly but also youve worked your magic on it and now it is just stunning! The papers youve used are quite beautiful!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a great button house! Perfect for holding more ... my grandmother has a little chest for buttons and I often wish it had come my way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to bump into you on The Stampman challenge, Vickie and thanks so much for sharing your favourite project with us. I remember this gorgeous button house, it really is a stunning makeover, especially those flowers.
    I hope you'll join us again.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse