Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Chunky ATC for Class at Whole Lotta Scrap

I thought I would share a second post for today and show off a chunky ATC I made for a class at Whole Lotta Scrap here in Norman, OK. I keep trying to find something to tickle the interest of the folks I teach but it seems that the only thing they are really interested in are tags.

This chunky ATC is made with a piece of 2"x4" lumber that was left over from a project here in the house. I had my son-in-law cut the lumber into 6" and 3 3/4" pieces so I could make different sizes. I haven't found a standardized sizing on chunky ATC's but every one seems to be using these cut lengths. The whole idea of the class is to show off what you can do using a piece of wood, a little paint, paper from a Tim Holtz paper pad, and the Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers dies.

I am going to do a 180 around the block calling this the face of the block. On this side I used the Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers dies mini flourish, mini flowers, and leaves from the Mini twig and leaf set.


Side two has a butterfly made with the mini butterfly mover and shapers set.



















Side three is made using the Mini bird cage and bird set!



















Side four is the mini lock and key set.


















I used Delta Ceramcoat paint to paint the wood block then picked papers out of the Tim Holtz Paper stash Vintage Shabby. Dies as listed above, Distress ink Vintage Photo, Broken Glass. The seam binding was colored with broken glass reinker and tied with Lion Brand Eyelash Fibers. Crochet Ribbon, jewelry findings, bling and Dew Drops etc from my stash. I have long ago taken these items out of original packaging and I can't remember the manufacturer!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vickie,

    Oh wow. I just love this chunky ATC. Too bad I'm not in Norman, I'd join your group for sure!!! You are VERY creative and I love popping over to see what you've been up to.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous project at Inspire Me Monday - I wish I was local so I could join you for this class!

    I will be featuring you on this week's Inspire Me Monday for your fabulous share so congratulations - and I look forward to seeing your share for this week!

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse