Monday, April 25, 2011

New Mothers day layout

I am really getting into the Tim Holtz style grunge tags and altered items but I still have a love of bright colors and cutesy things and I have been trying to do a little of each style each month. This month I combined that love for the bright colors with vintage floral prints and flowers cut with dies to create a sentimental Mother's Day layout for my April layout of the month. I think for someone who doesn't scrapbook I have been good keeping up with my New Years resolution to make at least one 2 page layout a month. Now all I have to do is start putting the pictures with them!!








When I saw this designer print paper by Crate Paper from Emma's Shop Collection called Fabric I thought to myself that it looked like the fabric that my Mom or Grandma would have used to make a shirtdress out of. The mat on the left page is meant to hold a 5"x7" photograph of Mom!


















The three mats on the right page are cut to hold 4"x6" photographs.
I love the multiple hues of pink on the cream background and just new that I had to make something out of it. I think that this has enough nostalgia it is perfect for a Mother's day layout.










I really thought making the flowers would be a lot more work then what these turned out to be. I almost didn't try and just opted for the precut/packaged flowers. Don't think I will do that again. I think that with a little more practice I will be able to make them even better then what these turned out!


Materials:
Stampin Up! card stock, whisper white
Bazzil card stock, dark green, pink, hot pink
Designer paper by Crate Paper
Stampin Up! Bigz dies: Flower Daisy's #2, flowers(retired)
Stampin Up! scallop trim border punch
Martha Stewart Butterfly punch
Tim Holtz dies: tattered leaves, elegant flourishes
Stampin Up! stamp Messages for MOM
Stampin UP! Ink pads
Stickles
Brad and Dew Drops

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vickie - this is beautiful. Such vibrant colours, and the flowers are gorgeous! Di x

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse