Saturday, April 16, 2011

Grungy Monday #3 using colorwashes

This is an interesting challenge for me in that I didn't have any color washes because no place in town sells much in the way of TH products. My local scrapbook store has started carrying stuff because I have asked for it but she hasn't gotten any of the color washes and only 5 colors of the stains in so far. I 'made' a color wash using a faded denim ink and decided to also add Perfect Pearls to it to give it a "little shine." Well maybe a lot as is evidenced by all the sparkle and shine on the tag!! I also decided to pull out the Graphic 45 SteamPunk papers and try a little steampunk style on this project. What do you think? I think it has all the elements of steampunk and it really isn't as bright and sparkly in person. I think I like it.

It is a lot different then anything I have done before but then when I first started grunge I wasn't so for sure I was going to like it. love, Love, LOVE it now!




The girl and round tag is cut from the Steampunk pad and then I glued them onto a square fragment and a round fragment tag with the Glossy Accents.





The cogs are made with the Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers die mini gears using grunge paper and chipboard. I sprayed the gears with the home made color wash. The roses are by Prima and the leaves are a Martha Stewart Punch. The ribbon and fibers are from my stash.

I wasn't from sure I was going to like this but I think it turned out nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse