Saturday, October 18, 2014

Halloween Cards

I spent some time crafting today to try and get caught up a bit on some challenges and swaps I am doing this month.  Today I made a card for a group on Facebook called Paper Crafting Swappers that had a challenge this month to create a card or lay out with the Bingo line you chose to create.  Once you had chosen which line you wanted the leader of the group sent you an email as to what you needed to use to create the item.  I chose left diagonal and my email said I needed to include in my project the following items: Paper clip, stitching (can be faux), a circle, ribbon and dry embossing. 

First time for me to join in any swaps with this group so this is what I came up with!
I think I covered all the needed items and then some!  The card is a 5"x7" kraft paper blank that I seem to have tons of in my stash.  The print paper is actually a left diagonal print (aren't I clever!) out of the DCWV Bewitched Halloween line that I cut 1/4" smaller then the blank on each side and glued down to the card base.  The fun begins now!  I cut a strip off a sheet in the same paper pack that had the Halloween sentiment and what I consider to be a faux stitching line each side of it.  After gluing that down I made a 2 1/4" circle that I inked up in coordinating colors and ran through the Vagabond in a Tim Holtz Spiderweb folder for my dry embossing.  I used an organdy ribbon to surround the circle, slapped a couple spiders on the web.  I decided to use a mini-paper clip to hold the little ghost to the left side cause it seemed a little bare over there to me.  I love all the wiggly eyes on the spiders and ghost!  The ghost is some card candy I received in a swap last year that didn't get used and seemed to fit with this card!

After finishing the card and posting it I got to thinking that I would send it to the granddaughter's for Halloween with a bit of cash tucked into it but...Well Teresa is almost 6 years old and Hannah just turned 3 years old and I thought they might like to have their own cards and money this year so...

I followed all the parameters for the previous card challenge and came up with this...my second card of the day!! 
 I used more paper from the DCWV paper pack and a cream colored base to make this card.  The ribbon is a pom pom ribbon from Stampin'Up! and the mini-paper clip is holding an October calendar (Tim Holtz stamp) and circling the 31st!  The circle was another one of the card candies from last years swap so I am clueless as to who makes that stamp or punches...looks like Stampin'Up! but I am not for for sure.  The bats are cut from a Martha Stewart edge punch.  

Now that I have posted these I am thinking that perhaps they are a little old for a 3 year and 6 year old!  I don't want either one choking on paperclips or bling!  Hmmm...might have to rethink this and create something that doesn't have detachable bits on it...what do you think?  Like the cards?  Should I use them or no? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse