Saturday, January 22, 2011

Boxes! Interesting concept! Challenge #3 at Joans Garden

I have been busy this week working on a birthday gift/card for my daughter and some decorative boxes. Last year or a couple years ago I started seeing these boxes around the web and thought how neat it would be to make one. Most all I have seen have been made with boxes bigger then the matchboxes that I used to make this box. I was reading a post by Joan when I read the blog post about a challenge at Joans Garden (Joans Garden is where I shop to pick up Graphic 45, Tim Holtz, Penny Black Stamps and just about anything I need to make cards, tags, or scrap book layouts.)I decided that the box/card actually meets all the criteria Joan has for this weeks challenge. The rules are simple, anything goes, except that your submission must be or have the following!

1.Make a box...any kind of box will work...even an alter box(how about a box for your tags)
2. a flourish
3. a butterfly
4. Make a flower (alright...if you can't make one use one you have purchased)

Hmmmm....two birds with one stone! Am I efficient or what. Here is what I came up with.

Because I am trying to use up all the products I have stashed I decided to make this box primarily from Stampin' Up! products. The designer paper is Elegant Soiree, the card stock is Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla. I used the MatchBox die to cut out 8 matchboxes on the Big Shot. They are glued to a 5 1/2 in square base of Crumb Cake.
The easel card on top of the box is 5x5 in. The drawer pulls are SU! glimmer brads, the frames are 1/2" circles, the Fleurettes II crochet flower is dyed with SU! Baja Breeze reinker. The flower button in the center is from the designer buttons in Crumb Cake. The edges are distressed in Chocolate Chip.



I cut the butterfly out with the SU! punch then used Rock Candy Distress Stickles on them. The Ribbon is 5/8" Very Vanilla Satin.




The bling is from my stash but not SU! I think it maybe Prima. The sentiment is from SU! Happy Harmony stamp set.

8 comments:

  1. Vicki,
    This box/card is stunning. I love the little drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your box is wonderful! I just love these topped with an easel card! Everything is so neat and tidy....well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! Such agorgeous box, lots of love has gone into this, the colours and papers are fabulous, and love all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous box and card! I just got the matchbox die, so thanks for the inspiration.... and thanks for visiting me!
    WOYWW #131

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Vickie loving this box, the colours are my faves too!
    Lavinia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog the other day. I absolutely love your blue/brown box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This box is beautiful! Well done you!
    xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! When you said boxes I was thinking just the matchboxes...lol

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse