Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 16 Stormchase 2010 Saturday June 12, 2010

Wowzer! Today was an interesting day! When we got up this morning it was kind of cloudy and hazy outside but when we went outside we found out that it was misting and colder than what it should be on June 12th! It couldn't have been more than high 50's and it was cold. We traveled for hours to get out of that mess ending up going east on I-70 to KS 27 south to Liberal and on into Texas where we picked up our first storm of the day that flaked out on us!



This is kind of a neat photo. See the hole in the clouds? If you look close on the ground it was kicking up dirt! I would imagine if you could have stood under the hole you could have looked up into the blue sky above.



This second picture is also of the first storm when it was flaking out. I thought that it looked really pretty but was not severe anymore.

About 3-4pm we decided nothing else was going to happen and we drove south to Pampa TX so Chuck could take a walk down memory lane and he took me to where he had filmed the Pampa tornado in 1995. Boy he was a lot closer than I originally thought he was. We were on our way to Amarillo to find a room for tonight when Chuck saw a storm on radar and we decided to chase it a while. It was beautiful and had a lot of lightening. I am just going to post a few of my favorites from today.


The storm looking to my left!

The storm looking to my right!


A happy accident! I loved all the lightening today!

Last one for today! I took so many photographs it is going to take me a while to go through them all.



It turned out to be a really great day all things considered! We really didn't expect much because of the cold and nasty weather in CO but turned out that we got another super supercell. We are holed up in a Best Western in Dumas, TX tonight. It is kind of sad cause tomorrow will be my last day chasing this year! I have to appear for Federal jury duty on Monday in OKC. I hope we get another good storm tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse