Wednesday, February 26, 2020

hellooooo..... WOYWW!

Trying to figure out if my brain is intentionally blocking the fact I have a blog and I don't get around to blogging anymore or what!  I look up and months have passed where I used to blog a couple times a week!  I am still alive and mostly well!  Just not blogging a lot!

I think I am going to post this on one of my favorite blogs today...since it is WOYWW!  Julia started WOYWW many years ago and I loved to participate but like all things Vickie now days I just haven't gotten around to it.  I blame all the above bitches on my anoxic brain injury from a couple years ago. My husband tells me it is a viable excuse cause my whole personality has changed...at times!

Speaking of husband...We went to dinner with the kids for Fat Tuesday last night!  Wish I could be in New Orleans but hey this was good too!


My desk is a mess cause I am in a sorting mood again!  I have to admit my intake far out paces my out go and I am beginning to look a bit like a hoarder after a fashion!  Nope...definite hoarder on board!  I told my husband if the apocalypse was to hit I am stocked up for a while!  The picture to the left is a photo of what you see entering the craft room and the one below is of my actual desk...










I decided to start putting things in these roll about carts so I can stuff them in the closet and it seems to have gotten out of control!  I like all the new widgets and gadgets!  I love all the new paint and color mediums and OMG!  I am an addict!  I wonder if there is an Crafters Anon out there!  I told my daughter if I was to die with all this mess I apologize but she should get in here and clean it out before her Father gives it away for nothing!


So that was my desk...how about a few cards I have been making...For Valentines Day I got into a swap to create "coins" and postcards...

The postcards are 4"x 6" and the coins are 2 1/2" in diameter.  

Cards I made with the ephemera from the Spellbinders card kit.  Since the anoxic brain issue I have problems thinking about what I want to make so the ephemera packs are awesome for me!




So that is enough for. today.  I hope everyone stays well and gets time to craft this coming week.  I am planning on trying to do more 'art'

10 comments:

  1. Well hello you!! long time no see indeed. loving your cards, you always did make fabulous cards. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love our cards, and like more crafter's we always buy to much stash that we really need lol

    Lilian B #12

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh it's good to see you on the desks again and aren't you looking great!! If you'd have wanted to blog, you would have, maybe it just was t the time. You have a lot of sorting to do, just do it in bits when you can. The truck valentines card is brilliant, I really love it!
    Hugs LLJ 10 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards. Hoarding seems to be something we crafters' cannot avoid so don't fight it Lol! Have a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Vickie, how nice to see you on here again! Welcome back. I was thinking about you the other day and wondering if you were OK. You've made some lovely cards there. As for the hoarding, I think I am going the same way. I look back at the photos when we first moved house and my studio was recently fitted out, and it looked so neat and tidy! It's usually a tip these days. I need to do some serious clearing - it was one of my New Year's resolutions but here we are nearly at the end of February and it's still not done!

    Thank you for your visit, and I'm so glad you like my fish picture. It was really fun to do. I'm now working on some small Celtic motifs and look forward to colouring those too - should be ready to show something next week! Thank you for your good wishes re my health. My bladder problems are more annoying than anything else but something's definitely not right - it hasn't been since my cancer treatment 5 years ago (nerve damage) but it's definitely got worse lately. I am sure they will be able to do something to help me. All that measuring for 4 days was a bit of a pain but if it helps them, it was worth it. I hope I shall get an appointment soon. Glad you like the kitties, too! I can't believe they are now 2 1/2 - where has the time gone?

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #11

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's so many nice things to tempt us crafter's with new releases that seem almost daily crafter's anon is a hopeless cause hee hee! It's a great feeling when we get to play with it though. Beautiful cards, I especially love the Valentine truck, it's super. Happy WoywW Tracey #7

    ReplyDelete
  7. How good to see you again Vickie. Love the card selection. I have a mug (available here https://www.clevercut.co.uk/Shop/Product/?Pg=1&B=&BI=GFCMHOLI&P=GIFTS&S=MUGS) that you can customise with your name. I have one and a matching badge too lol. Happy bleated WOYWW Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vickie, so lovely to see you back! Love all the cards you've made, they're fab. Hope you are well, and keep on crafting! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m late, sorry! It’s so great to see you here. Of course I haven’t missed you entirely because we’re FB friends, but I’ve taken an FB break so far this year and it’s strange without you! Your room looks like heaven to me; i think we’re all potential hoarders Vickie; just some people manage to hide it all in cupboards!! Loving your art, and that there’s stuff out there that really helps which means it will be really used. I dont wanna talk about new mediums, Shopkeeper Gal posted just yesterday about something I already know I NEED....

    ReplyDelete
  10. my "craft room" is the same! i am waiting for the warmer weather to have a clear out but like you - am buying too much eeek!! Have a great week ( sorry so late to popping in ) Soojay xx

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse