Sunday, November 11, 2012

More tags!

Here are a couple more tags that I want to share for the tag canvas!  This is really becoming a lot of fun after losing the original ones that I made last month!!  I hate it when I do something like that...put them up for safety then lose them!!! Urgggghhhhh!!!


This is one of the small 1 5/8" x 3 1/4"tags that I embossed with a holly and berries folder from Sizzix then using Evergreen Bough and then highlighted the tops of the embossing with Pine Needles.   I added a few dots of Christmas Red Stickles for my berries.  The little tag brad is from my stash as is the glittery poinsettia from Michael's dollar bin and I just added a little red Festive Berries to it to make it pop!

This JOY tag was really easy peasy to make but just took a bit of time to get it done.  The tag itself is a #8 tag I cut from a manila folder and embossed with the Tim Holtz Snow Flake die.  The tag was then colored with Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint, and Vintage photo!    The red card stock was first adhered to medium weight chipboard then cut out with the Tim Holtz Ornament die and the Joy Mover and Shapers inset die.  I glued a small piece of Seasonal Stash Paper to the back of the cut out section and then I covered the whole thing with a layer of Glossy Accents and it took forever to dry!   When I do this again I am going to do some random Stickling in contrasting colors before adding a THINNER layer of Glossy Accents to the finish it up.  I think that would make it look more like the old vintage ornaments of my childhood!  To finish the tag up I used a ticket I made from the Odds and Ends stamp set from TH!  I tied a string of tinsel in the tag hole and a string of elastic string around the top of the ornament and called it done!

The third and last tag today is another one of the 1 5/8" x 3 1/4"  and a really easy peasy tag!  Unfortunately it doesn't so up so well on the red background because it is a manila tag edged in the Festive Berries distress ink and then I stamped the Santa collage with Archival Black ink and Tim Holtz stamp that is part of the Holiday Collections stamp set.  I tied a key with red and white bakers twine through the tag hole and added a Christmas muse token to the bottom of the tag.  All done!

I am having fun sharing my tags and I am hoping you are enjoying seeing them. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vickie! You are doing a fabulous job on these tags, sorry to hear that lost the others, hope they show up one day! I'm always losing something! lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse