Thursday, August 16, 2012

scrapbooking

I started going to a scrapbook class at Whole Lotta Scrap a while back called a Basic Grey Class.  This month it has been changed around to be called just Sketchbook class cause we are going to be using a lot of different and new paper lines.  This month we used the new Carta Bella "Beautiful Moments".


 This is the scrapbooking sketch book we have been using in the past.  It is loaded with a lot of layouts and each month Jamie the instructor picks out a layout and paper pack for us to try.  Here is an example of a sketch from the book...not this months sketch. 
 This is a picture of my layout that I finished.  It doesn't look at all like the teachers or the sketch book sketch either one.  I always do that and switch up the things to suit my mood.  But then that's what should happen...you should be motivated to do your own work not someone elses.  I am happy with it. 
I was telling Chuck that sometimes I surprise myself with the way these things turn out.  See the way the circles at the top and bottoms line up and fit together?  I didn't do that on purpose.  As a matter of fact I had screwed up and turned the paper borders upside down and glued them down making me have to change my layout to cover up some of the upside downess of the line.  Oh well...love mistakes that work out well! 

3 comments:

  1. Vickie....love your sketchbook page. I just finished a long comment and my internet connection was lost...the fires in our area are giving us lots of problems. I wanted to thank you for following, and let you know you're in the bowl 3 times already! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lve it when mistakes turn out well! waving hi from the sandy beaches of Florida ;0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Vickie wow you are going to be very very busy setting up there in your lovely new set up how much fun it is to get things sorted and find things just where you want them. OOps just realised I am commenting the wrong post der!! some people !! not to worry!!
    Thanks so much for popping over and thanks for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #64

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse