Thursday, September 30, 2010

Halloween card


I made a visit to Whole Lotta Scrap last week and Leslie had a new shipment of Halloween papers in. I saw a sheet that had a chandelier on it and immediately an idea for this card sprang into my head.

I used Basic Black as the card foundation and topped it with the paper from Leslie's. The glitter cardstock was also from there. I cut out a chandelier using the Home Decor Cricut cartridge and popped it up over the image on the chandelier paper. The sentiment is from the Wicked Cool stamp set from Stampin Up! stamped on Whisper White and then punched out with the curley label punch. The ribbon is punched out of Basic Black card stock using the dotted scallop ribbon punch.








The inside of the card is stamped using three other stamps from the Wicked Cool stamp set. The sentiment, the hat and boots were stamped using Basic Black on Whisper White and embellished using Pumpkin Pie and some orange beads from my stash.









I really like this little witch! She is not in the least bit scarey. Here is a closeup of the witch! You need to look close at her cape!


The cape is actually 2 bat pieces punched out of the Basic Black using the bat punch that is new this catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse