Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 3 Stormchase 2010 Sunday May 30, 2010

The start of Day 3 saw us waking up to a definately cooler day in North Platte, NE. The front had made its way through during the evening with the storms that we had tried to chase on Day 2. This is going to be a lazy repositioning day to get us in place for the storms...that's a positive mental nudge...on Monday and Tuesday.

After checking out of the hotel we made our way over to the Starbucks to meet up with some friends who are working with the Vortex 2 chase this year. It is going to be a down day for them also so everyone is laid back working on catching up with emails and project notes that they haven't had time for this past week. A several friends of ours are with the group again this year.

While at Starbucks we received a call from Kathy one of the original Twister Sisters (not to be confused with the unoriginal twister sisters) I say that because Kathy and Linda have been chasing the plains for over 17 years and a few years ago the new girls in town showed up and started using their name. No respect for the seasoned vets! Anyway they called to tell us that they were in North Platte and hoped that they would be able to see us this year before they went home on Wednesday. When I told them where we were they stopped by and we had a visit. I {heart} you gals!!!

Just after noon left North Platte and headed stopping for lunch in McCook NE at...can you guess?...at the Taste of Texas Barbeque. Tonight we are staying in Goodland, KS at the Holiday Inn. After supper tonight we went to the movies and watched Shrek 3 in 3D! Very nice. First 3D movie I have seen and I was impressed!

Not a very busy day but it was nice to be able to take the time to visit with friends and spend some quality down time! More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse