Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 5 Stormchase 2010 Tuesday June 1, 2010

Well it has turned out to be another rotten day of chasing in more than one way!!! We got on the road before noon and headed east out of North Platte in hopes to catch what is be coming an ever elusive rotating thunderstorm.

We saw a storm and started chasing it, literally, we were flying down I-80 at 80 miles an hour and it seemed to keep pulling away from us. We finally saw some of the Dow's and the chase armada heading back towards us and we turned around and headed back west. Sad day.

Since I still didn't get a storm picture to share I thought I would share a couple pictures I took from lunch yesterday so you can put a picture with the name.



This Cameron Redwine and John Monteverdi! John is a professor at San Francisco State University, where else but in San Francisco, CA. Cameron is a photographer, studying photography in Denver.




This is my sweetie looking so studious trying to find me a storm...

John and Cameron had to head back to Denver tonight so we all stopped in Grand Island, Nebraska for supper before sending them on their way so John could catch a 1900 flight out of Denver back to San Francisco. Chuck and I had made reservations at the Sleep Inn in Grand Island and we went off to claim our room. Wish we could have had more time with John and Cameron but vacation times just didn't seem to overlap as well this year. We always enjoy meeting up and chasing with John!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse