Saturday, December 25, 2010

Stamp Club November 2010 Christmas Cards, Box and Advent Calendar

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and is looking forward to the New Year this coming week. We had a good time over at Heather and Michael's and stuffed ourselves on her delicious turkey, dressing and fixings. I took over a big pan of mashed potatoes, fried okra, and some cranberry salad to share. It was yummy!

At our second Stamp Club meeting in November me met to make the advent calendar I posted about in an earlier posting, cards and card box from a single Simply Scrappin kit from Stampin Up!.





The Christmas Cheer Simply Scrappin' paper/sticker pack and a roll of Whisper White Taffeta ribbon made a card box, 14 6x4in cards, 8 3x3in cards, and the advent calendar with 2 pieces of paper left over. The only additional product used was Snail adhesive, dimensionals adhesives, big eyelets, and the bling that I bought a couple years ago and used to sparkle it up for my granddaughter! I used the Cricket with the George cartridge to cut out the Countdown To Christmas on the top bar of the calendar. If I was to do it again I think I would have sandwiched a piece of chipboard between the cardstock back and front to make it stronger.










The card box was made to hold the cards with a single sheet of the contrasting DP. It is 4 1/4x 6 1/4 in by 4 inches tall.






The everyone decorated their cards how ever they wanted to. All the cards used papers and stickers from the kit.









Once again everyone seemed to have a great time and we decided to add a potluck dinner to the agenda and agreed to meet to make the Stampin Up! pendant bundle. The bundle came with a stamp set and the medium pendant and chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse