Friday, December 24, 2010

Explosion Gift Box

I taught a class at WLS a couple weeks ago on the gift explosion box that I CASED on SplitCoast Stampers. The explosion box picture album normally has a total of 4 layers inside the box to hold pictures but I decided it would be cool to have a box that you could put pictures in and a small gift based on the size of this box.

This box was made using Fancy Pants decorative paper, Bazzil card stock, coffee filters, Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Crisp ink from Stampin Up! Punches used was the double edge lace punch from Martha Stewart. The Leaf die from Stampin Up! Sizzix Big flower die and the strip die flourishes. Distress Stickles Faded Blue Jeans.

,


The first thing I did making the box was to dilute some of the Cranberry Crisp ink in a spray bottle and sprayed 5 coffee filters with it. I then set them aside to dry. After they were dry I folded them into 6ths and ran them through the Big Shot! from Stampin Up! using the big flower die. I secured them with a brad from Stampin Up! and fluffed the cut flower pieces around the brad to get the flower effect I wanted.



The box is made from a 12x12 sheet of cardstock scored every 3 inches and then cut from outside to first inside score line once on each corner. The quarter sections are decorated with coordinating papers and embellished.



The flourishes are Stickled and 'buds' made by twisting the small flowers cut out from the flower die around a stylus.



The outisde of the box is decorated with the decorative paper embellished with the double punch ribbon strips that were 'distressed' with the Chocolate Chip ink. I made a box lid to fit using another 2/3 sheet of cardstock. The leaves on top were cut from True Thyme from Stampin Up! (retired) and embellished with Stickles.

I think everyone that took the class had fun making the gift box and that was despite some issues we had making lids fit correctly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse