Thursday, December 23, 2010

OOOppppssss!!! Snowman boxes!

I think someone needs to take me to raise...or at least remember everything for me that I seem to forget! I just finished reading 50 some odd Gmail emails, 130+ Google reader posts and OMG! I checked my Yahoo! account and I had over 1200+ emails I just deleted from the 6 different groups I belong to on Yahoo! I hadn't been there in a month! Anyhow I didn't forget the promise I made to share each day but I got overwhelmed with other issues and didn't get it done! I have a share of a couple of tin boxes I made for the holidays and will try and catch up before the end of the year.

Both of the boxes are essentially the same just done in different colors, papers, and glitters. The first box I made to teach in a class at a WLS using THE Tim Holtz seasonal paper stash, Tim Holtz Mini Holiday stamps, distress ink, and the Winter Wonder, Snow Flurries edge, and Pine Tree dies. The cardstock the snow flakes and snowman are made from is Whisper White, the tree is Always Artichoke from Stampin UP! The tag is a punch from Creative Memories. The snowflakes were first distressed with the Vintage Photo and when they were dry they were covered with Rock Candy Distress Stickles.



The boxes can hold whatever you want to put in them but for this box I took Hershey's nuggets and wrapped a 1" wide coordinating paper from The Seasonal Stash paper. This box is about 5"x7" and will hold 12 nuggets. The box has a clear plastic window that I could have left more visible but I wanted to get all the snowflakes on it.


The second box used the same dies, stamps, inks etc. The only difference was the tin wrap was a piece of paper in my scrap stash that I don't remember who it was created by. Sorry! The snowflakes were distressed with the Faded Blue Jeans distress ink and then the Crystal Stickles. Two sort of different looks...one distressed and one bright!



Okay that is my share for today. Hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse