Thursday, March 7, 2013

Easter Flip-it Card

If you are like me you have never heard of a flip it card!  I guess it has been out there for a while and people were using their scoreboards and making them up all the time but...I was clueless.  I was walking around Hobby Lobby the other day looking for something specific that I needed to spend my 40% off coupon on when I ran across the Sizzix display and the Stephanie Barnard Flip It Movers and Shapers steel rule die.  Awesome thing cuts out the card blank with a half of an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of card stock and when folded it makes a 5" square card that flips open and shut.  More awesome you can cut 3-4 maybe more at a time...I didn't push it!  Sizzix has a video on their site on how to use the die and make the card, click the link above and go watch it!

I was so fascinated with the die I went to Stephanie Barnards site and found she also carried the thin dies and stamps and I bought those and used those to make this card.  Due to my being a Stampin Up! (SU) Demo I can't link to her site so you will excuse me for not putting it here.  The stamps used in this card were on a special thin die and stamp set she carries in her store...
Isn't this cute.  (I grabbed the picture off of The Stamps of Life site.)  There is a die for every stamp in this collection except the big egg and it can be cut out of any card stock you wish to cut it out of!
Card closed.  I made a 3"x3" mat of colored Easter paper for the front and back of the flip-it bit.  The large eggs and grass were inked right on to the card.   I ran the top part of the card through the Big Shot with a Darice Cloud embossing folder then inked it with Stormy Sky Distress Ink.
The card open!  Cute!  The chickadee was inked then cut out using the thin die as was the small eggs.  I stamped the Happy Easter in Basic Black and cut it out with the thin die from the set. 
The card base, chicks, eggs, sentiments were cut using SU Whisper White card stock.  I used the SU Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit, and Midnight Muse in color group for the ink pads I used.  Large egg is Raspberry Ripple card stock. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki, looks like you had a lot of fun creating this gorgeous cute card, love it. Hope you didn't do to much damage with a 40% discount coupon, my I would of had a feel day lol!!! Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. a really lovely card and a nice movement card which is nice to see. Love the fact that there is a die for each of the stamps
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks really effective (but also complicated!).

    Happy belated WOYWW

    kyla 151

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. I am going to pin it for teachers who are looking for easter cards to do with older kids! Thanks for visiting me. jenx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh its fabulous! The stamp and die set is really sweet and such a good idea. Thank you for following me - I am already following you. I know what you mean about postage prices, I sometimes see things I would like from the States or Australia but the postage is usually huge and over £15.00 there is a chance you will get tax. I think all crafters should get free worldwide postage and no tax! Well I can dream can't I! xx

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse