Wednesday, January 11, 2017

WOYWW #397

Welcome to Wednesday...I almost missed it.  It is almost 1pm here in Oklahoma and when my brain connected I realized I hadn't posted yet!!!  What am I talking about?  WOYWW!  Silly goose!  Click the link and go check it out!

My desk today has been well used.  I am so tired of this head cold I decided I would make some cards and see how they turned out.  I can see some imperfections but hey...I did some card making!
My desk is loaded with treasures!  I am on a mission.  See the little suitcase to the left?  I ordered some washi tape in a grocery cart and they sent this instead...when I tried to send it back they told me to keep it and sent me the cart!  OMG! I am buddies with Queen & Co forever now!  This kit is loaded with all sorts of fun stuff!

First card I made is a wedding card.  I have bought a package (see the book standing near the iPad?)  of card blanks from Michael's and it turns out they are from DCWV and I got them as a Hot Buy which means it only cost me $5 for a 48 printed card blanks.  There is also a paper pad for $5 so I bought them both!  The feather card, torn edges,  and the sketch challenge last week were out of this stack too.   Stamps are an old Stampin Up! set from several years ago.
 The second card I made is from a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers called a Twisted Popup card.  I am in a swap on ATT and we are suppose to make one of these to swap.  This is a first and there are lots of mistakes so I may end up making another one to swap.
 When you first open the card it looks like this...You glue this W shaped book of 2 1/2"x3 1/2" cards to the book after you have put it all together...next time I will do it before I glue the book down.
 Fully open it looks like this.  I enjoyed learning a new technique but what I didn't tell you this is the third attempt that all the bits came together and didn't make it in the trash.  I didn't have a lot of patience and tore up offending parts when they didn't do as I thought they should!
My next card is going to be made with the stamps you see laying in the middle of the desk!  They are from Stamps of Life, Stephanie Barnard!  I love her stamps and dies.
I plan on playing with the stamps as soon as I get back from my appointment...speaking of which I had better get off here and get ready to go to the therapists.  Everyone have a great week!
SaveSave

12 comments:

  1. those folds on those cards look so complicated and will be so fun for the people who get to open them :) that was so nice of them to do that too (your goodie case) I love hearing about things like that. ~Stacy #40

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vickie, what an unusual fold in a card! Great service you got with that little suitcase. Have a great week, hugs, Shaz #7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a head cold too and I'm not crafting! (well I did at the weekend but wasn't ill then!) Love your cards - they look fabulous. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vickie. You have some lovely cards there. That folded one is most unusual - it's great. Well done.
    Trust you soon feel much better.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you made it.. I adore your wedding card.. glittery and pretty and delicate :)

    I can't wait to see what you make with the cactuses.. I love them!

    Have a great week,
    Erika (#33 not9 lol)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon! Looks like you've been creative despite the illness. I love the Twisted Pop up card - what a fun idea!

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #38

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card! And it turned out great. Dorlene #44

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cards and all your bits and pieces, could have a really good crafting day there. I have cards that don't fit together and find their way into my 'that will come in useful' bin. Hope you are feeling better soon crafting is so therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that little suitcase, so cute! Sez x #51

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love companies that go that extra mile - I got a lovely blue sweatshirt for Christmas, but the wording was black, and it just was unreadable. So we ordered a T-shirt instead (cheaper)and was told to keep the sweatshirt! I wear the sweatshirt all the time now! I guess it is cheaper for the company to not have to pay shipping to return things - god for us! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #39

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vicki,hope your head cold moves along. Lovely cards and I would of given up on the second attempt. So little patience for when things don't go right straight away. End results is very nice. Have a lovely week.
    sandra de @22

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated WOYWW. You have been busy, despite the head cold. I only started back in my craft room a couple of days ago, and can only manage about 1 hour of concentrating. However, that is a start and I look forward to being fully recovered. Ali x #29

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse