Monday, August 26, 2013

Recycling an old paint bucket!


Decided to recycle an old paint bucket to use as part of my fall decorations and maybe in a class at the store this fall...

I love the Farm House paper line! This is a group of papers they came out with last fall and I thought I could use them to cover the paint bucket and to make decorations for my dining room table this fall.  Everything used in creating this bucket is recycled except for 4 sheets of paper from the Sugar Hill line from Farm House Papers.  Actually less then four...one to cover the bucket, two to make flower pics/thankful cards, and a half one to make flowers.  I also used light weight cereal box between the two sheets of paper on the flower pics/thankful cards. (That thing peeking out on the upper right!)  All of the leaves were bits and pieces of colored card stock I pulled out of my card stock recycle bin and cut out the shapes with the Tattered Leaves die by Tim Holtz/Sizzix.  I embossed them with various embossing folders after distressing around the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
little out of focus because I couldn't get the top and bottom to work together to take a picture!!  There are more pictures and details in the photos below.
The paper comes with 6 cards to a sheet and like Terri said I think it would be fun to have this as a fall table decoration then at Thanksgiving hand out a card to each person and have them write what they are thankful for that year.  You could then use them in scrapping the photos of that dinner!



















Front of bucket.
Side of bucket

Back of bucket.  I tried a little glitter on the first flower I made and I really didn't like the way it turned out so I didn't put it on any of the others. 
opposite side of bucket
More detail

Back of bucket

On display at the store for customers to see what you can do with a bunch of trash and a little imagination!
It was a really easy and inexpensive project to do because of the recycling most of the stuff used!  Hope you like it!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty and colorful. I'm sure it will get a lot of attention at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is gorgeous, and it will be great for Thanksgiving. Also, great recycling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is even better in person. saw it at the shop yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse