Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Labor Day and a share of Graphic 45 Bohemian Bazaar and Steampunk Spells layouts!

Went to Terri's store yesterday and got to help her get a few things ready for her store's first birthday party this next Saturday.  WOW! it is going to be a lot of fun and the store is sporting some new views too.  If you haven't signed up for the party then you better hop to it and call 405-310-3400 to sign up as space is limited and you won't want to miss this party!

 After working us half to death +];-)  she gave us run of the store and told us to go forth and make some layouts...so I did!  I made two layouts...YES! I do scrapbook on occasion... The first layout is using the Graphic 45 paper line Bohemian Bazaar (3 different pages) and Bazzill (2 colors)card stock... Nothing in this except the papers and little bit of fussy cutting and using a floral stamp with Versamark to make the background mats.  Fun.

 
 I love this paper line because it is so bright and beautiful it is right in your face from the moment you focus on it.  Loads of color, texture and flowers...reminds me a bit of the 1960's and the revolution of the youth of the day...me included.  The bright clothes an attitudes that changed the world...mine anyway!  I have sent some pictures over to Walgreen's to have printed and I will pick them up tomorrow and add them to the layout!

The second layout is also Graphic 45 papers called Steampunk Spells (2 sheets), Bazzill card stock, Steampunk Spells die cut card stock embellishments.   I decided to make larger mats for larger pictures cause I like big pictures!  Trying to do something different I used some orange tulle net on the left side and crunched it up with glue, added some vine ribbon, and pop dotted some embellishments from the Steampunk Spells die cuts on top.  I also used the embellishments to make the banner across the top and the gears on the bottom are cut from a Cricut cartridge called Accents and Bazzill card stock.  
I love this paper line also because it is so bright and fun.  I am a big grunge and Steampunk fan and this puts the brightness in to the mix.   I also have some pictures being printed so will come back in the next day or so and change out the pictures so you can see them with photo's!

Hope your Labor Day holiday is going well and you are being safe on this last holiday of the summer!  I am glad I am not still working cause I hated working ED on Labor Day because people seem to lose sensibility and take risks on their ski's and swimming at the lake because it might be the last time the get out there this year.   

Don't forget to call the store and save your seat for the big Birthday Bash on September 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse