Sunday, August 25, 2013

New Calendar Pages!

I am finished with the 12"x12" Graphic 45 Place in Time easel calendar...finally!  Not bad really considering I didn't start working on it till the end of January and I am done by the end of August!    I just finished the November and December pages last Friday at a crop and I told Terri I felt like all the calendars were starting to look alike even though I was trying to make each one unique and different.  I was going to show just the two that I finished but I think I am going to share the whole year...starting with the last finished and going backwards!!






December...
December is all about snow, Santa and Holiday fun!  I love the plum pudding picture and all the holly!   December was always a time of family gatherings and sharing.  I miss not having my oh so large family around anymore. 





November...
The incorporation of the Thanksgiving holiday and pilgrims into harvest time with the Graphic 45 papers makes me smile.  A traditional American holiday!






 October...
Ghosts, goblins and all sorts of scary things happen in October...I love the crisp air and the ability to have windows open to allow the fresh air into the house!  






September...
The start of fall and back to school time!  Leaves are turning and nights are cooler...I love all the color changes that are happening!
















August...
Last days of summer, crops are coming in in the garden and it is a time for fun and play!





July...
Summer holiday and play days!  The 4th of July fireworks and picnics flooded my memories while working on this page!  My birthday is in this month and a day at the seashore would be my choice for sure!  July can be a gruesomely hot time in Oklahoma!







June....
school is out and the whole summer looms before us...  Lots of weddings and the flowers are in full bloom!  Soft sounds of summer!










May...
awesome time of year with all the flowers blooms,  graduations and celebrations of life.  I enjoy all the family get together to celebrate life, death, graduations and hopes for the future.  Being Oklahoma there is always hopes of thunderstorms and "events" to anticipate!





April...
April showers bring May flowers!    Lots of fun things to do outside cause the weather is getting warmer and children look forward to the coming summer holidays!















March...
everything is greening up...still a little cool but so many fun things are happening around us.  I love gardening so this month is the first month I can finally get outside and do some gardening! 








February...
Valentines day is such a fun time of year...I heard that there are whole farms dedicated to raising all the flowers and roses that are sold at this time of year...Not to mention that candy sales are higher now then any time of year!









January...
All the holiday hoopla is over and I consider January a time of rest although I don't understand why!  Both my children were born in January!






So that is my calendar for the year.  I made it a perpetual calendar with mats so I could remove the old months calendar and put the new one on each year.  I figured if I put this much work into it it had to be for more then just one use! 

4 comments:

  1. Precious! Something to treasure, for sure! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Vicki, it's gorgeous, and the added triumph of finishing it before a deadline hove into view...! I really love the vintages feel and the follow through of base colour gives it a wonderful cohesionfor a project to be enjoyed over a year. I might learn from this!

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse