Thursday, September 30, 2010

Stampin Up! Regionals-- Ft. Worth TX September 10th



It has been a few weeks since I have posted anything and I apologize but we have been rather busy around here doing some house and kitchen renovation. I will have a separate blog on that when we are closer to finishing up the work there.

Heather and I made a trip to Texas the beginning of this month to participate in the Stampin Up! Regional at the Ft. Worth Convention center. I didn't take very many pictures and actually forgot to even take my good camera with me so everything I have is not of great quality.

This first picture is of Stampin Up! Co founder and CEO Shelli Gardner who attends every meeting and convention that SU puts on. I really enjoyed hearing her speak and look forward to attending more meetings where she will be there. Shelli has managed to raise a family and build a business and has a great story to tell.



Stampin Up! provided us with lots of useful business information and provided us with 6 different designs of make and takes using a stamp set they gave us! The is an example of the make and takes on the left and one of the speakers gave us a talk on how to up sell to the Hispanic market by making a few changes to colors and styles... those examples are on the right.

The Day of Gratitude set has all sorts of uses and is very versatile for fall and Christmas cards and scrapbooks. I think that it would be useful for different 3D craft items with a northern European flair. I will be posting some cards that I made using the set in the next post.

Stampin Up! shared a new set that will be coming out in the next mini catalog and it is awesome especially if you like chocolate. I am so looking forward to getting this stamp set!! It was made available to Demos and their recruits that were recruited after the regional meeting. Luckily...or not so luckily... I recruited 3 new demos to my downline group and there will possibly be a forth sign up this weekend. If I haven't talked to you recently you probably don't know that I have decided to start working the SU business.


This is an upclose of the 'chocolate' stamp!



Heather and I enjoyed the meeting and stayed over another night to do some shopping down in Dallas and to visit a few of our favorite haunts. IKEA topped the list for both of us and we spent some time shopping there.

Yummy Swedish meatballs!




We stopped at Gainesville Outlet Mall both coming and going to Ft. Worth. One of the highlights was a trip to the Mall at Arlington where they have indoor hockey and a carousel that is awesome!



Isn't the carousel pretty...I loved the lion.


All in all it was a great trip and we had a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse