Wednesday, May 16, 2018

WOYWW and life

WOO HOO!  I made it to the party!  It is Wednesday and WOYWW!  If you would like to check out some other blogs check in with Julia's blog to see how to hop along!  ust got back from a trip to California and my desk really doesn't look much different then it did the last post except while I was gone I received an order from Stampin Up! and it is now scattered about the place...I love new stash!
If anyone is interested in swapping an ATC with me please leave a comment or send me your addy at okienurse@gmail.com  I am going to finish making them this weekend so I can get them in the mail next week.
I didn't get much in the way of crafting done the past two weeks because of either not feeling well or travel.  My daughter and her husband had me out to their house in San Jose, CA for Mother's Day and I had a blast...wish it was as nice of weather here as it was the whole time there.
Brunch with friends 

Heather and Michael at the Russian Family Restaurant
We managed to make it to the ocean this visit with a trip to Pescadero State Park and boy was it windy and the air off the ocean a bit cool...I know you folks in England think I am nuts when I say 60°f is cool but it really was! 
The beach was gorgeous!
Heather and I were blowing in the breeze in these pictures...I was glad to have my jacket at hand
Bright sunny day!
Heather










































I met up with some friends from OK on Saturday for a nice lunch at a Vegan restaurant in San Jose.  I think it is amazing how many people from Norman live out there now.







 I think most of you remember my granddogs from pictures I have posted before...now to say these dogs are spoiled would be an understatement.  Michael grows oat grass for them so they can have fresh grass to eat...the grass they are laying on is a type of low maintenance astro turf and now very good noms!
Michael growing puppy grass.
My grand dogs...Mocha, Leo, and Wesley

Sorry I didn't make it around to all the desks the last time I posted but will try and do it this week cause I really enjoy seeing what everyone is up to!  Have a great week!
Thought I would add a few garden pictures here at the tail end...things definitely changed while I was gone...imagine what a bit of rain and sunshine can do!
The garden beds

Potatoes

peppers and artichokes

Tomatoes with corn in the bed behind

green beans


beets and cabbages

The flower planter around the new patio


clueless as to what these wildflowers are but Chuck is growing them 
Onions 
deck pots

My dirty pool...but it is open now!

deck pots 
yuccas!



9 comments:

  1. great to catch up Vickie and that looks a great visit! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks amazing Vickie and everything looks to be growing really well. I can imagine lots of yummy produce in the months to come.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #15

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vickie, great garden photos. Always fun to come home to new stash!Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz XxX #10

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vickie. new stash, exciting garden, lovely trip to see friends...what a couple of weeks. Your garden is enormous!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a LONG time since I visited. You were a LONG way from home. Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day, though.

    I'm envious of the vegan restaurant. I can't even get vegetarian in Wichita. After all, we are a BEEF (and wheat) state.

    I'm also laughing at 60 F. It is downright perfect weather for me. It's been so hot here, I had to start the AC early.

    Your raised beds are fabulous. I'd love to have that setup, but I'm just lucky to have any garden at all. Happy WOYWW from #3.


    ReplyDelete
  6. Pleased to see you having a good time. Don't worry about the desk, it will still be there when you get back. Happy woyww, Angela x23x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vickie, lovely to see you had a great time with family your garden and raised planters are thriving what a beautiful outdoor space you have.
    Your Granddogs look so chilled out..!!
    Lovely new stash to return home too, Thank you for sharing WOYWW, Happy Crafting..
    Creative wishes Tracey #5

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Vickie those raised beds really are coming on. Glad you had such a great trip. Enjoy using your new stash. Sarah #9

    ReplyDelete
  9. checking in haven't seen a post in a while or any WOYWW posts. Hoping you are enjoying a quick summer as August is half over.
    Wondered if my ATC ever arrived.???

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse