Wednesday, March 21, 2018

WOYWW #459

My desk doesn't have a lot going on but I did get busy and make a few tags and ATC this week.  I am finally starting to feel better for the most part except for the pain issues...that's life! If you are interested in WOYWW and seeing what other crafters are doing check out Julie's blog and she will tell you how to play along!

Not a lot going on on my desk...I have been cutting out and gluing together these little suit cases from the Sidekick set you see there on the left.  I have been having so much fun playing with that darn thing!  Guess that's what it is all about...having fun!  I decided I was going to try and color in some of the ATC but don't know how much coloring I will do...I never like the way I color!
The tag I made for a swap on Creativeblock-StampersAnonymous. I always try and do the back of the tags too cause I hate it when they are always so messy so it is like making two tags sometimes.  
This is the free stamp we got for playing along last month.  It is from Stampers Anon Tim Holtz called Watson.  Tags were to be flat so that the 5 tags could be mailed in a legal envelope.  Sometimes all the embellishments play havoc with postage so we are trying to conserve by going flat!  

This has been an interesting week all things told!  Didn't have a single doctor's appointment except my weekly visit with the talk therapist...I have PTSD from various and sundry issues in both my personal and professional life!  Guess only so many bombings, building collapses, and natural disasters(tornadoes) etc till it takes its toll.  I worked ER and ICU/CCU for most of my 42 years as an RN and sometimes what you see can set off a chain of events that isn't good so I took care of myself so I could take care of others!

Weather has been pretty nice around here this week.  We got up in the low 80°F one day but we have mostly stayed around the 60-70° range.  The fruit trees and flowering trees are putting on a show and my front flower bed is bursting with hyacinth and daffodils that Chuck planted last year.  I am really happy it is starting to warm up.  Next week I will post some pictures of the yard and what is up and blooming.  The workers are suppose to come out soon to start tearing out the old patio and pouring a new one and I have been staying busy trying to get that cleared away so they can do their job!

More later!  Have a great week!

23 comments:

  1. Glad you've been feeling better this week apart from pain! Thanks for your visit already and hope your new stamps come soon for you! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish it would warm up here. Spring and still very cold winds keep hitting us - just hoping we have no more snow!
    Lovely tag - and I know what you mean about the underside - but I leave it unless it is really bad.
    Hugs, Neet 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vickie, love the tag; that Watson stamp is great. I like what you did on the back too. Hope the pain is more manageable for you this week. Look forward to seeing Spring flower pictures next week; here it is cold and miserable and the daffodils are frost bitten! Sarah #12

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy WOYWW. Lovely to see your desk so busy - and it was wonderful to see you in our new ATC group. Great idea to make flat tags. I love mixed media, but it is getting difficult now when so many people are making ATCs with a lot of bulky stuff on it (and with embellies that are bigger than the 3.5 x 2.5 inches). They cannot be displayed in the usual trading card pockets in a folder, so I have some postcard size pockets as well. I have mentioned it on the ATC trading group that I am a member of, but the newbies still tend to send cards that are too big. Look forward to seeing photos of your garden. Ali x #13

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you’re feeling rather better this week. I’m sure the warmer weather helps....I can’t wait for our days to be rather warmer here too. The sun is shining this morning so I’m ever hopeful. Hope you have a good week.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #15

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firstly, I'm so pleased to hear that you're feeling better - it's something that's hard to put your finger on isn't it? One day, the realisation strikes that hey, things have improved. I'm also full of admiration that you sought help for the PTSD, so many try to do it on their own...I think we're bad about putting others first but you're right that we have to be ok before trying to help others. Respect to you, lovely gal.
    That Watson stamp is great, reminds me of Magritte :-D
    Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Vickie. Glad you are beginning to feel more like! Pain is exhausting!! What a lovely "Watson" stamp - really useful. Enjoy those weeny suitcases - they are great.
    I can't imagine being on the front line of care for so long - especially having to see so much suffering and awful injuries. Well done, but the toll you are paying is huge. Glad you have some help.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vickie, I think the mental toll on our frontline workers is something many of us don't consider. So, good that you are taking care of yourself. Love the tags, that Watson stamp is superb. Look forward to seeing the garden remodel. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Vickie, Happy WOYWDW I hope things get better for you as it must be hard going therough all the things you have, Great desk and ATC's.

    Lilian B #17

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing like a bright cheery day to stir the spirits. I know that feeling of a doctor free week. I used to feel that if it where not for doctors visits I would have no social life. Keep playing. it is a great way to not just pass the time but fill the soul.
    Monica #30

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish our weather was a bit warmer here, I think we have to expect one more delivery of snow before we can safely say Spring is here!!
    Have a crafty week
    Christine #23

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm feeling envious of your cheery weather this week. We still have the cold with spring being very slow to show it's face. Your tags are great. I love Watson.
    I'm glad you're feeling better and getting the help you need to make the future brighter.
    Sending hugs
    Love Lisax #22

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can well imagine how all those life experiences would take their toll. Take good care of yourself Vickie.
    I'm dreaming of temperatures close to yours!

    Fiona #36

    ReplyDelete
  14. What is it about tags? I don't know and i love them!
    Robyn 3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh a new outside space, won’t that be lovely. The improving weather means so much to us all doesn’t it, I bet the bed that Chuck planted is a sight for sore eyes. Oh and I love the smell of hyacinths. Your desk looks controlled missus, and I think the flat tags idea is a good one, just plain sensible really, love Mr Watson. I never gave much thought to the back of the tag...now I shall!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely tag,know what you mean with the backs, I have the same issue with my icads,thinking of adding patterned paper, seems like you ve seen a lot in your life,good that you also take care of yourself,something we often forget,thx for your visit, vicky

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great tag, love that Tim Holtz stamp. Late this week as I'm still trying to get back to normal after the trip away. Have a great belated woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your tags. And great that the weather is getting better. Take care of yourself. Dorlene #33

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for visiting my space already. And yes, I do live in Wichita. So we are some of the few who live on this side of the pond! LOL Maybe someday, we can have a mini get togetheer like they always have on the other side! LOL
    I like your tags and love the Watson stamp! Happy Belated WOYWW! #35

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Vickie, Glad you are feeling better, but sorry you are in pain. Sending heaps of positive healing thoughts and hugs (((Vickie))).

    Loving the tags.

    Hope you keep getting nice weather. Looking forward to seeing your garden (yard).

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #14

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super little suitcases and love the travel cards/ATCs too. Ended up cutting out 500+ more eggs for the Easter Event, so sorry for the late reply! Thanks for the visit BJ#10

    ReplyDelete
  23. It has been a crazy week, which is why I am so late with this! You have led a life looking after others, it is certainly time to look after yourself! Your ATCs are lovely. I fondly remember the days when we could send anything through the post, and cheaply! We used have all sorts of wonderful swaps, book exchanges, etc., but those days are sadly gone. The little suitcases look like lots of fun! It would be awesome if you could get back to art journaling - you don't have to write anything, just have a visual journal! Kelly Kilmer does great, simple, collage based journals that might be a good way to start up again. Thanks for your visit! Lindart #34

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse