Wednesday, March 14, 2018

It has been another crazy week here at Casa Doswell!  WOW!  I am not really sure what happened or why but another week has slipped away.  I have pretty much been left on my own while Chuck traveled to a conference in Japan and still managed to get next to nothing done!

My desk this week is a disappointment I am sure to some...nothing really going on today.   If you would like to see other desks and join in the fun check out WOYWW on Julia's blog to learn how!   I made some cards last week and managed to only remember to take a picture of one of them!!
St. Patrick's Day cards on the left...The new stamp and die from The Stamps of Life stamp of the month club...love these little butterflies!!  My grandkids will too!  The folder with stamp and the rectangle die is from Wish.com. I have started buying a few things from them and for the most part have been satisfied with the quality of the dies and stamps.   This lot was 'free' and I paid about $3 postage.
I went to my young nieces birthday party on Sunday.  Betty Rae turned on March 11!  Carol, my sister and her grandmother, would have turned 60 years old the day before.  Betty loves big jewelry, anything glittery and sparkling, and unicorns so I made her a special card for her special day!
 Jenn my niece in law had balloons that we wrote notes to my sister on and tied to the balloon to send to heaven to celebrate Carol.  It was exciting for all my sisters grand babies to send Grammy a birthday balloon!
Organizing the balloon lift off!
The Birthday Girl helping her Mom!  


lots of notes and love winging their way home!
Short and sweet...well at least for me it is...  I need to get dressed and go for a doctors visit this afternoon so I had better get off here and get ready!  I will try and get around to the desks this afternoon and not leave it till the last minute this week!  


11 comments:

  1. I love that final photo of the balloons sailing away! xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful tribute, and you captured the balloons in the photo so well. Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, bet she loved it and what a lovely idea sending the balloons. Have a great woyww and a happy crafty week, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, and who doesn't love a unicorn! What a touching tribute too, and a beautiful sunset photo of them sailing away.
    Hope you have a great week,
    Diana x #16

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea to send the balloons with messages on them.
    Cute card for your niece and I can relate to the 'not taking a scan/photo of cards' that is definitely my trick too.
    Hugs, Neet 6 xx
    ps hope Chuck brings you something nice from Japan - they do lovely paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must have been a bitter sweet weekend for your family, but the balloons tribute was lovely. Nice card too, bet the little girl loved it!
    That shop I bought the fabric from did sell off the bolt, but also Fat q's and charm packs as well. Most place here will sell by the metre but I though I'd be restrained and limit myself :-D
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The balloons with messages is a lovely idea. I love the card for the birthday girl... very pretty. Have a lovely week Heather x #11

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I hope the dr visit has gone well. A gr3at way to keep Carol with you all whilst allowing the youngsters to celebrate, how thoughtful of your d in law. Unicorns are really it aren’t they, almost everywhere here. And flamingos. Strange, aren’t we!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely idea with the balloons, Vickie. It sounds as if you have been busy lately. Hope you are feeling as well as possible. Thank you for your visit and your lovely comment - I tend to do a lot of flowers at once and have a sort of production line going (hence "flower factory" lol!) - I do the same with butterflies and other stuff as well. All being well (snow permitting) we are meeting up with the recipient of the mystery project for lunch on Monday, after which it will be the Big Reveal. It's all but finished now and if I hadn't been so tired after getting home today I'd have spent the evening in the studio, but I've got tomorrow to do the last bits.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #27

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vickie, Enjoy your new stash.

    Loving your card for your neice.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #18

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the unicorn card. Thanks for the visit BJ#2

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse