Sunday, October 9, 2016

my boo….

It has been a fun and productive weekend even if I haven't felt well and haven't gotten much in the way of work done around here.  I have been play in my craft room making some Halloween decor!  I love this time of year when the weather becomes more temperate, the light changes and softens the world around us, and of course the colors.  It just looks, smells, and feels shades of oranges, golds, yellows, and dulled down greens and purples.

I used everything out of my stash to make this…you know the bargain hunter and end of season sales shopper I tend to be.  I love a good bargain!  The wooden BOO came from Hobby Lobby last year after Halloween!  I saw them there again this year and was glad I bought mine last year…also glad that I saw them and it reminded me I had them in my stash!

I covered the B and the pumpkins from some paper from Close to My Heart collection from last year called Nevermore!
  
 I had a bunch of Halloween bling and ephemera in a box so I pulled it all out and made some tentative plans as to what I wanted to do.  I decided to do the front and back of the pumpkins…just because I could.  Not much I could do with the B so I covered the front, painted the back and blinged it up with some big purple and orange gems I had.  The flowers are from years ago put out by Prima.  I have no idea where the black flourish bling is from as it was not in a wrapper.  Here are the fronts and backs of the pumpkins...


The Skeleton's are a Jolee's boutique set you can pick up just about at any craft store. Card stock is from Close to My Heart from the Nevermore Paper pack.  My daughter, Heather, sells CTMH by the way and if you need some supplies check out her CTMH site.   BTW I am having an online party and if you go to the site and want to buy anything check my party…

Here is the set completed and put together in 3 different ways.  I think you could make them go different ways but I settled on this.  Didn't it turn out super neat!  Love these colors!



Okay I am off to do some more crafting.  Think I am going to make a couple Halloween layouts since I have all the stuff out.  I am sure my daughter in law will dress the babies up cute again this year and I will need something to put the cuties pictures on!  



5 comments:

  1. It's GORGEOUS! Your Halloween stuff is always so creative and perfectly spooky... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super projects - loving the haunted house

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #27

    ReplyDelete
  3. That z-card is amazing Vickie - I really love the background paper too. What a busy desk! I am delighted to see your daughter Heather on WOYWW this week - how cool to have a mother and daughter team on here! I so enjoyed reading her blog.

    Thank you for your lovely comment - I am glad you enjoyed the Zengems and want to have a try - they are such fun to do. I drew some more tonight, on my new iPad pro! They have come out very well - it's a joy to use. As for the quiche, I follow a very basic cheese quiche recipe and stuff in any bits of vegetables I have handy, so it always comes out different! This one certainly is delicious. We had a butternut squash one out recently, which gave me the idea of using a sweet potato in it.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #18

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE that haunted house card. It looks like you've been very busy. I just love a busy desk. Sorry I am late. April #25

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse