Thursday, August 28, 2014

WOYWW...a day late and what I have been doing this week.

So...I did not sleep through Wednesday as some will assume!  As a matter of fact I am not sleeping much at all.  I am just a day later after having been out an about more then I care to think about.  I am actually having a flare up of my fibro and ME which makes me rather foggy headed and inclined to not do much of anything because it takes too much effort.  Oh well enough whining...next week it will be better!

My desk today...
Can you say OMG! What a mess.  True story that!  I have been busy trying to get a lot done around here and haven't been taking care of the room!!!  I have started cleaning out the closet so I can get this room swap done this weekend and it is taking a lot more out of me then I thought it would.  Drop by Stamping Ground to check out why I am showing my desks! 

Another project going on this week is the tiling of the kitchen floor and bathroom.  Heather and Michael came over last Saturday and Sunday and started working on the project.   The floor is looking really awesome and we will grout it and get it all done this weekend.  Next up is texturing and painting the walls and we would have done that first but...
 Michael is having fun playing with the new tile saw!
 
Stormy isn't so sure she likes the new tile!
 Also went shopping with Heather on Tuesday and bought a new sofa!  First new sofa in about 15 years!  Nothing fancy for sure but so much has changed in the manufacture and purchasing of furniture now days!
 Went out for supper last night and had Chuck stop in front of sunflowers and front flower bed for a Kodak moment!!  This is Chuck's baby and he does a lot of wildflower planting and has an assortment of awesome flowers in this bed.  Those Sunflowers are between 7-8 feet tall...Chuck is a couple inches over 6ft. 
Okay one last thing...
a real find at Michael's yesterday are these little wine goblet epoxy stickers.  They are about 1 1/2" tall and perfect for some Halloween projects I have in mind!  Lots of stuff on sale but didn't find a lot I couldn't live without!  These are just too cute!!

 I hope everyone has a great week and those in the USA have a safe Labor Day weekend. More next week!

11 comments:

  1. My goodness what a busy girl you've been, Vickie! Lots of lovely photos to prove it. Gorgeous tiles, too! I am not surprised you're feeling exhausted after all that. I don't know about you, but I sleep a lot worse when I've overdone things and got really tired, than I do when I've been resting and being sensible! I had a bad night last night after 2 very busy days.

    Thanks for your visit to my blog and your 2 lovely comments - glad you enjoyed a virtual trip round the old section of Plymouth - there were lots of lovely things to look at! The rest of the city is more ordinary but the Barbican is full of old-world character and some interesting shops.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #66

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky, sorry to hear you have been suffering. Wow you have been busy, it is looking good and your desk is nearly as messy as mine and you have an excuse!
    Love the sunflowers, and the goblets, and the cat!

    Cazzy x #76

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Vickie thanks so much for popping over. .. you've certainly a lot going on there... love the tiles and cute puss. Take care and rest when you can. Shaz in Oz x#10

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mess looks like my mess, very creative LOL, cant wait to see what that kitchen looks like when its finished. Thanks for inviting me to play in TCBH, I am excited to play
    Bridget #6

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vickie, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Love your new floor,and those goblets are ace! Running really late this week, Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #54 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Vickie. I do hope you are beginning to feel a little better. Don't fret about whatever state of chaos there is - you can do it in small sections as and when you are up to it. Lovely flowers out the front there! What a great kitchen floor - trust you enjoy it when finished.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #17

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there. Sorry you've had flare up of fibro. Know what that's like. Floor looking good. My room which is also crafting room looks like bombs hit it today. Everything dumped in there including guinea pigs :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a busy week! Sorry to hear about the flare up, hope you're starting to feel better xx
    Hugs
    Debs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki, with all your new stuff in the house you will not know yourself. Thanks for stopping by Francesca #33

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fantastic helpers...the tiling looks great! Though your cat seems unsure, lol!! I love those goblet embellishments, bet you'll find those really useful :-)
    Hugs, a very late LLJ XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. how has your mojo been? and how are all of the home improvements going?

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse