Thursday, September 27, 2012

The red squares

On my WOYWW post yesterday I showed a picture of some grunge board and everyone was wanting to know what they would look like when I was done with them.  So without further ado here is the whole lot of them done! 


There are a total of 30- 2" x 2" squares that are part of a Christmas Patchwork Swap that is a swap on All Things Tim.  Each canvas is 12" x 12" and there are 27 squares or rectangles that make up the larger piece.  I got one of the smallest sizes to make and it was really difficult deciding what to make because it can't over lap onto the square next to it. 


The squares were cut from grunge board then colored with Festive Berries distress ink.  The flowers came in a package out of a dollar bin from Michael's and I distressed the edges with the Festive Berries ink.  The flowers had some seed beads and glitters glued on them to give them a bit of sparkle.

Here is one up close!


You can see the embossing on the grunge board and the clear sparkly beads on the flower.  It was fun making these but I am still not in the mood for Christmas! 

12 comments:

  1. Sorry I'm late for the woyww post but I just had to comment on your gorgeous grunge board squares. Are these known as twinchies? Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving lovely comments.
    Sandra @23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they could be called twinchies. 2x2 is not the easiest thing to come up with because of the size issue. when Stacy first assigned it to me I thought I had done something to tick her off cause most of my ideas and embellishments won't fit in that small of an area because I am an in your face blingy type person!

      Delete
  2. Hi Vickie these are really great - am sure everyone will lvoe them, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vickie, these are just gorgeous. So striking and effective,
    Love jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I'm not so good at repetive crafting which is why I rarely participate in swaps, but this does sound interesting! Are you going to create a "quilt" wall hanging with all the squares after you recieve them? That would look cool! BTW, I'm not ready for Christmas either, I have 2 holidays to get through before I ramp up for Christmas!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful, Vickie, thanks for sharing them with us. I love the pink edges and dew drops, so real looking.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've decided this whole Christmas thing is against human nature. Oh! And anyone who is ready for Christmas now needs to be strung up by his or her toenails.

    That said.. I love these pieces. I'm seeing that the idea is everyone gets everyone else's square to put together patchwork style. I can't wait to see the finished results of the swap. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh was wondering what those where. Glad we got to see them finished so pretty. Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vickie,

    These are amazing! What a great idea - please show us when you have the others. I bet it will be quite colorful and beautiful. Not to mention to see everyone's take on TH.

    I've had a terrible week at work and by the time I get home I just kind of collapse. Not very fun at all. I did manage to sit in my chair and knit a bit (thank you for popping over).

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see these in person and to start getting all of the patchwork pieces put together. You did a fantastic job in such a small space - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so kewl when you do the swap do you all end up with paper quilts. What a great Holiday decoration :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are amazing, I love them.

    Happy WOYWW sorry I am running really late this week.

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse