Saturday, June 25, 2011

Picture frame

Well I promised on Wednesday I would post pics of the picture frame and here it is! I think it turned out rather nice and I especially like it with a picture of my sweetie taken on a trip to Spain a few years ago! Chuck and I have visited the Bellver Castle , a circular gothic castle, in Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain several times and every time I go I see something new and interesting. I love the views of the ocean from the top!

In making this frame I used a Creative Imaginations Ribbon Frame covering it with various pieces of 2"x2" paper squares out of the Tim Holtz Paper Stacks. I love that paper because you get it all in one pad, 12"x12", 6"x6", 2"x2", and various other sizes of print paper. Awesome!

After covering the front and back with the paper I distressed around the edges and then highlighted some of the bits of paper with Perfect Pearls that I painted on with a paint brush. After letting it dry for a while I then followed up with several thin coats of Matte ModPodge sealer to protect it and help seal it down! On about the third coat I realized that I had left most of the back rather blah with little color but it was too late now! Before I had started gluing down the paper I cut the top of the frame apart and used Maya Road black spray mist and a glittery grey to cover the inside of the frame and the chipboard piece that holds the picture. After Mod Podging the collage I used a piece of clear acetate to cover the picture and glued it all down centered in the opening. I laced the top of the frame together again using Stampin'Up! seam binding ribbon in Crumb Cake!

I used the Tim Holtz glassine paper and flower die to make the large flower. I ran it through the Big Shot in a Stampin' Up! Embossing folder and added a vintage brad to the center. The red flowers are sprayed with Maya Road Mist and bling added.





I stamped the sentiment from the Stampers Anonymous stamp set Stuff to Say on a journal ticket and distressed around it in Vintage Photo. I guess I should say that all the ink used in this project unless otherwise listed was Ranger Distress Ink Pads. Hope you like the end result of my peak on Wednesday!




Materials Used:
Tim Holtz dies used on making this frame: Mini Branch & Leaf Set, Mini Lock & Key Set, Mini Flourish, Tattered Florals, Elegant Flourishes.
Tim Holtz Paper Stack: Lost and Found, Crowded Attic, Shabby Chic, and Seasonal. Journaling tickets
Tim Holtz findings: philosophy tag, mini pins, trinket pins.
Tim Holtz Distress ink, Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo
Stampin'Up! embossing folder, antique brad, crumb cake seam binding.
Maya Road Mist
Creative imaginations frame
Mod Podge from Plaid
Perfect Pearls Powder

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse