Sunday, June 26, 2011

Christmas in July Class

We are going to do a Christmas in July assortment of classes this next month so all the newbies that want to make their own 'stuff' for Christmas will have plenty of time to do it. I decided I was going to do the 3 Tim Holtz style tags a little different this month and us Graphic 45 paper from last year that has these arched cutouts to make them with. Still used the Tim Holtz techniques but put a different twist on and made them simpler for the newbies.


The first one of father Christmas is my favorite I think. I like the vintage look and tried to keep that with the darker red Distress Stain and grey blue flower to match the grey blue/black color of the writing and in the leaves of his heads flower garland. I adhered a smaller picture from the same sheet of paper to a fragment charm and suspended it with bakers twine from a memo pin. I think the bakers twine and candy strip paper look good together!

This is an up close of the fragment charm tied with twine. It wasn't until I was tying it on that I noticed the candy cane stripe at the top!






The second tag of a vintage Christmas tree is my favorite I think!! I was thinking as I made this one that I think I am going to look in buying some of those bubbly candle lights this year hang red balls, maybe a snow man or two, and make a bunch of Christmas tags to hang on it. I think it would be pretty but I don't know what my family would think! I just won't tell them. I am just going to do it!!

I just love this tree. So simple! I have three or four years of Tim Holtz Christmas tags I can make to put on it. I made 6 from last Christmas and was thinking about doing this while I was making them. Hmmmm....it is an idea!



Tag number three is is definitely a favorite of mine! I know I said each one is a favorite and that is true! I couldn't choose just one that would be like choosing one child over another. don't you love the rich black and cream floral base? The back of this paper sheet was this print.


I added some vintage paper lace I had...don't know where I got it, dyed a flower red to match the red in the girls umbrella. I used glass beads on a glue dot in the center of the flower and then added a half pearl to the center of that. Really vintage feel to it!


Hope you like my Christmas in July tags. Class will be July 14th!

Materials:
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads
Tim Holtz Distress Stains
Adirondak Color Wash
Tim Holtz Stamps
Tim Holtz Ideology findings
Maya Road Mists
Graphic 45 paper

4 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful! I love what you do with paper - your cards are wonderful too and I love your 4th of July pieces. Thanks for the inspiration, Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tags are really gorgeous! I have been dying to try the new Distress Stain. How are you liking it?
    Thanks for the comment on my blog today. It is amazing how much stuff like that matters.
    And regarding coming to OK now when it is hot there...well I live in Las Vegas where it was 110 this week....lol So a puny 103 is nothing! LOL (jk)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tags there Vikki. I think the commute would be a little tricky! My Buddy and I will be getting together for Christmas in July soon with Christmas papers, and Christmas music too!! It is amazing how quickly this year is flying by!!
    Hugs
    Sam/Hettie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in awe of anyone who can contemplate Christmas before December! These just filled with such a golden glow ...

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse