Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Few days to play....

I am now off work until next Sunday and I am really happy to have the time to spend doing some crafting and cleaning house. NOT a favorite thing to do! Housekeeping that is. I need to take down all the Christmas decorations and get the house in order! Heather and I are going to attend a class that Kara Bean is leading at Whole Lotta Scrap here in Norman making a planner. I will post later with pictures.

This week is my daughter Heathers 30th birthday and we will be celebrating with an all night crop at WLS. Heather is sharing her birthday celebration this year with a friend, Melissa, from WLS. I am going to make their birthday cards tonight and try and get some make and takes together so people will have something fun to take home with them.

I wanted to share another Valentines card I made for a swap on Splitcoast Stampers (SCS www.splitcoaststampers.com) I was web surfing and picked up the idea for the card and bookmark so I can't claim it as an original idea.

The real red card stock is the base of the card, the DP is put out by Cloud Nine Designs, Pirouette Pink and Not quite Navy make up the layers. The paper clip from Walmart with scallop punched circle in real red. The stamps are from Stampin Up! Love you much. Ink is Stampin Up! Riding Hood Red.Link

The second card is actually a 6 1/4"x3 1/8" creative tag from Paper Reflections that I made into a child's Valentine. I sprayed the white tag with glimmer mist and stamped the sentiment on the card with black ink from Stampin Up!

The stamps I won from a blog candy drawing at papersmiles.blogspot.com are from Craft Lounge..So In Love. Nancy Morgan has an awesome site and you should check it out. I used several punches, the Stampin Up! scalloped edge, Fiskars Scalloped hearts, and Martha Stewart large heart. Ribbon from Michael's craft store and of course a small package of Sweet Tarts held on with a glue dot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse