Thursday, January 29, 2009

Always Room for Improvement

My daughter Heather and I attended a class this past month at Leslies, Whole Lotta Scrap here in Norman, OK. I wanted to make the book pictured here and Kara Bean was teaching the class. It is one of those things that looks really simple to make but literally took me a lot of time to complete. Supplies are simple. Cardstock is from Prism...Prismatics Herbal Garden Pack and Accent Pack and the Suede Brown Pack and Accent Pack. I used Stampin Up ink pads for the stamping and embellishing. All the paper flowers, brackets etc are cut from the paper pack. I don't know where KaraKara got the pattern for the book but I changed it up quite a bit and added a few flourishes of my own. Instead of 3 rings holding the pages together we used Zutter binding and instead of the cut out circles for the date tabs we used the Stampin Up label punch. Lots of fun! I really enjoyed the class.






Here is a view of the inside of the book. Every month is divided up similarly with a section for why this is important to me, a to do list, and a goal for the month. This page is atypical of the book cause it normally has three individual sections, one for each topic. I loved all the uplifting quotes that KaraKara found to put in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse