Wednesday, November 11, 2020

WOYWW

 It is late in the day on Wednesday, November 11, 2020 and I decided to start my WOYWW today.  I will link asap but...I forgot completely last few weeks and that makes me vary sad.  I did manage to make it around to most blog posts but didn't leave comments on most cause I was on my iPhone waiting at appointments etc.  

It  has been an interesting year and even more interesting couple of months around the Doswell house.  Chuck has been in and out of the hospital having issues with his 75 year old ticker not wanting to beat as it should.  Last month they put a pacemaker in his chest and the beginning of this week I took him in cause his heart rhythm was 'beating like a drum' irregular and fast...is doing better today but has to be in the hospital for 6 doses plus 8 hours before he can come home.  Tikosyn...high dollar drug.  Here's to hoping it works.

The kitties haven't been feeling well and both have had trips to the Vet...I sometimes feel I run an sick infirmary in the Doswell house! 
Ankh had a hurt leg and had to go in for xrays and antibiotics...Stormy girl is old and having sniffles and 'bad' days.   Our white kitty Ghost is still missing.  It is getting cold so I am hoping that she has found a good home!

What have I been up to craft wise...a lot really!

I look a class with the Stamps of Life making cards... The three cards were a lot of fun.  The gatefold card is different 


I made some coins for a swap...I used Graphic 45 paper to make the coins...
Also made a postcard using G-45 papers and Tim Holtz dies...
Another swap was for Halloween tags... The first was for what is called 'chunky' tags...highly embellished so it costs more to send so we send them to a moderator to be swapped out.  The second is 'flat' tags...those are sent to the individuals.

I joined a calendar swap making 6"x6" calendars for 2021...my month was December!
I started another new hobby this past month also.  It is called Diamond Painting...a little bit like paint by number and a little bit like cross stitch embroidery!  My daughter introduced me to it because I think she thought I needed something to calm me down since my life has been in such turmoil.  This election, Covid-19 etc has messed with my PTSD and this stuff really has potential to chill me out.
This is the first one I did...I like the sugar skulls of the Latino Dia de los Muertos...a little freaky but a great concept...much better then rotting corpses! It is mainly rhinestones and what they call a partial drill cause most of the canvas is painted and the 'diamonds' accent it.
This is the second one I did is a full drill square 'diamond' picture and it covers the entire canvas like cross stitches...
This is the last one I just finished...it is a full drill circle 'diamonds'.  I was a lot faster to do then the other two.  The circles give a little more leeway for placement of the drills.  It was a lot of fun.  These canvases are small so detail is limited but I like them a lot!  I have already started another one with Heather that is a Snow family using the circle drills. 

Okay I am going to end this right now before I bore everyone to death.  I think I will get dressed and go over to my daughters and do some more on my Snowman family!  Hope everyone is doing okay and life is treating you well.  Hope 2021 is better...this year sucks!

6 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely crafting, it's difficult to say what I like the best but the coins are gorgeous. Sounds like you've had several poorly members in your family and I hope this gets better soon. Wishing you a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous array of art work Vickie. So sorry to hear of all the health issues in the family. I hope everything settles down soon and that Ghost makes it home. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki, lovely to see you back! You do indeed seem to have so much going on, and I hope things get sorted out soon for your Hubby. Love all your craft pieces, so vibrant and full of detail. I've seen lots of people doing the diamond pictures lately, but I dare not get into something else, lol. Stay safe, have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m sorry to be late. never bored though Miss Vickie, so happy to see you and your busy life here! For starts, am really hoping that Chuck is faring better by now and that the top dollar drug is doing the real thing. Lordy, the past few weeks have really been a trial, I’d like to see you both comfortable and happy and with it all behind you now. So good that you’re doing any crafting, let alone being so productive! Love the tag swaps, and the calendar contribution is such a good idea, love those. My sissy is big into the diamond art too, it makes me happy because before these, she never saw the point of crafting. She gets so much from doing Last thing she tackled was a version of a photograph of our older sissy, it’s absolutely wonderful. I have a couple of the pieces that she’s done and they make me very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, sending hugs and well wishes to all the poorly ones.
    You do so so many swaps good grief. Please would you be able to let me know the fb pages or whatever you do these swaps on. Id love to have a look.
    Those tags and coins and other tags and calendars and all the other goodies (deep inhale)are stunning hahaah. Ooooo my you have been busy with the sparkles too! stay safe! hugs
    Ellie #27

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see you back, Vickie. I'm really sorry to hear about your hubby and his poor heart and hope he will be better soon. Also the poorly kitties... It's always a worry when they are getting older. You certainly have been productive of late - love the cards you did in the class.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #23

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse