Sunday, September 11, 2016

it has been a productive weekend!

I went to the doctor on Wednesday of this past week and was talked into having a steroid injection done in my left knee…the knee I broke this past Christmas morning…  I know how to do things up right is a sure think!!!  Anyway I had the injection and was amazed at how I actually didn't even feel the needle puncture my skin and secondly how fast the darn thing worked!  I walked out of the office a changed woman and I have been happily crafting ever since then.

What have I made?  Well first off I signed up for a tag swap on creativeblock-Stampers Anonymous a Yahoo Group.  I made these using mostly Ranger Ink and Stampers Anonymous products.  Ranger #8 manilla tags, various Ranger/Tim Holtz distress inks, stencils, dies, stamps, Stampin Up! Spooky Fun, Stampin Up! card stock.  I used a Martha Stewart punch for the spider and some sparkly hearts to make the hourglass!  Stampin Up! ribbon!
 Then the second thing I made was some ATC's for and Altered Tattered and Timeworn swap called WICKED.  Each tag could be the same or different but each one had to have a letter on it that spelled out WICKED!  Yes!  So much fun making these.  I used a new stamp set from Stampin'Up! called Jar of Haunts.  I stamped the jars and then used the other stamps to fill them up!  The inks are a combination of Stampin Up! and Ranger Distress Inks.  The colors I used to color in the jars are all Stampin Up! markers, Tim Holtz stencils, Spectrum Noir glitter pens, and the twine and stickers are just some I had in my stash!
 I was only suppose to make one set of 6 but ended up making two additional sets so I could make a couple Halloween Pocket Letters with them.  I had never heard of Pocket Letters until I logged on to WOYWW a few weeks ago and Nikki from Graphix and Designs was talking about PL…huh?  So I looked up Pocket Letters and decided to give it a try!  Woot!  Talk about having a lot of fun!  I think I am going to have to make some more!
Here are all of the ATC's and as you can see the two Pocket Letter pages are in 8 1/2"x11" baseball card pages/sleeves.  According to Jannete Lane Pocket Letters are a fun way to send snail mail to friends and family.  Check out her site and have some fun!
Okay I am off of here and going to go find something else to work on while my knee allows me to sit pain free…It is amazing what a little jab will do!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE all of these creations. The PL is a cool idea. Are they all ATC sized?
    I am happy to hear the steroid shot worked, they really helped my hubby deal with his pain. Hopefully it will keep that knee in check and you will have a longer relief span!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your halloween pocket letters look fantastic and so smart of you to add in wicked into the PL too had too see what you made and you have been busy wow

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse