Sunday, September 4, 2016

Cards

I have been busy today!  I answered a call for sharing with a couple online friends.  Ones mother had died this past week so we were all going to make and send her cards this week.  Here is the card I made!

I used a 5-1/2" precut square card for the base.  The striped paper is from Prima as are the flowers.  The stamp set was a retired Stampin Up! set from 1999 called Gentle Thoughts.  I used Stampin' Up! pencils to color the images, Spectrum Noir glitter brushes to highlight and add sparkle to the flowers in the stamped image.  The pink, brown, and cream colored card stock is from Stampin'Up!  I don't know where the twine, lace, or pears came from…just out of my stash.


I am working on another card and will post it as soon as I get it done!

I think I will play a long on the NBUS (Never Been Used Stuff) over on Darnell's blog…dkcreations.  Go check it out!

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Vickie! It will bring a lot of comfort. I have that "gentle thoughts ..." stamp and love it just as much today as I did all those years ago when it came out. Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7! Take care and don't overdo it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..so much stash to play with..so envious. Fab cards. Elaine no. 16

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are great. The destination card is really nice. I just learned about Stamps of Life. Thanks for sharing you've been with them for years.
    Your canvas is really nice...love the colors. A girl can never have too much of a stash!
    Hugs,
    Chris P #30

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse