Wednesday, December 18, 2013

WOYWW

Another busy week has just flown by and I am wondering if it is ever going to slow down again!  Welcome WOYWW friends hope that you are having a great week also.  If you would like to know what WOYWW is and what it is all about you can click on the link on the far right or you can click here to visit Julia at Stamping Ground who will tell you all about it!

My desk this week is an absolute mess and I am ashamed to show it but that is a continual condition lately.  I still haven't moved rooms so everything is a clutter and it takes forever to find anything.  I think I will forgo showing a pic and just show you what I made as a gift. 

I had a lot of fun at a Christmas party and a Secret Santa/Sister swap at my local scrap book store on Sunday.  Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share but a group of us got together and spent several hours just visiting, eating, and enjoying one anothers company.  I had a blast and think everyone who attended did also!
I made my secret sister a box made from a tutorial I saw on the Grapic-45 blog that Clare Charvill created for the 12 Days of Christmas Day 5.   There is a video tutorial that makes it all seem so easy peasy and it was...mostly!  I really enjoyed making the box cause it is something I hadn't done before so it was a challenge of sorts.  Go check out Clare's blog and see the other fun things she has made.

Graphic 45 12 Days of Christmas paper, stickers and chipboard pieces


The box holds a pillar candle that I altered with some of the Graphic 45 12 Days of Christmas Stickers.  I made the box topper from a wreathe and small tree from the Tim Holtz alterations trees that I sprayed with Dylusions ink and made 'balls' with Stickles glitter glue.





My daughter Heather and I made a whirlwind trip to Dallas today to do some Christmas shopping and to pickup some things we can't find around here and Oklahoma City.  We left Norman about 0800 and made it back home about 2130 after traveling a total of about 6 hours and visiting IKEA, Container store and several other stores.  WOW!  I am one tired puppy and I am off to bed after I show you a few pictures of some of the lights we saw at a Festival of Lights in Ardmore on the way home!
over 20' tall display of lights
 I loved this next display because it was animated and had a cowboy lassoing the straw of a drink and dripping soda into Santa's mouth!



Santa scores some soda!
 Reindeer riding a whale while the blow spout spouts water!

 and lots of stationary do nothing but look awesome lights.   Most of the light displays were between 10-20 feet tall.
20' tall letters

Santa's workshope

Arch across the road

Snowy village
Anyway that is it for me!  Hope you have a great week and if I don't talk to you before next week have a Merry Christmas!

20 comments:

  1. wow your gift looks amazing. I love the light display as well. Thanks for sharing, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Tracy #41

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks for showing us the lights display...what fun! The snowflake arch is my favourite, though the whale was a close runner up! Glad you had a good day!
    Thanks for all the friendship and support this year, wishing you and yours and very Happy Christmas!
    Hugs, LLJ 43 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning
    Just popping my head around the door to say hi and wish you a very happy Christmas. Lovey gifts on your desk and the lights are fab too.
    Thanks for sharing your workplace.

    Neil #20

    ReplyDelete
  4. How in the hell can you drive past all those lights without crashing the car let alone drive through some of them. Gosh they are really beautiful, thanks for sharing them. I don't know how you managed to drive that distance, shop at so many places and include Ikea in that, it would take me 6 hours to get around Ikea alone. Love the Christmas gift you created, it looks so festive and I am sure the receiver will love it. Do take care, trips like you have just done are not good for the FM

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas filled with all you wish for and lots more.

    Happy WOYWW
    Eliza & Yoda 15

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure your friend loved her gift. I love the candle set you created! The lights you shared are so fun and festive that they made me smile! Have a very Merry Christmas and happy 2014! Winnie#51

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky gals!! Shopping Ikea and lights!? I am jelly! See y'all soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely gift and box.
    Loved the light show, we have a few places here that do the same thing, always so much fun to go see. Really amazing what they can do.
    Merry Christmas
    Krisha #23

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the candle box and the light show..we have lots of light between ours and a neighbours trees lovely and restful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Christmas lights, and your pillar candle and box is delightful. Ikea shopping- a crafters second home, lol. Wishing you a Happy and Peaceful Christmas and New Year, from me & my Beloved Hubby. Huge Christmas Hugs, Shaz #44 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your box and gift are great! And thanks for sharing the lights! How fun to see those! Merry Christmas and Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N # 57

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vickie just wanted to wish you & your family have a wonderful Christmas. Its been a pleasure meeting up with you & your desk this year ! Love Ali #40

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, thanks for the fantastic light show photos, Vickie, and for showing us the wonderful gift you made! Happy WOYWW and thank you for your visits to me over the year. I wish you and yours the happiest of holidays!! Hugs, Darnell #10

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous array of Christmas Lights and I just love your gift box and candle. G45 papers are one of my favorites. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and New Year! Danie #37

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the candle and box.. stunning work and such colourful vibrant papers as for the light show what a treat I dont think I have ever seen reindeer's on a whale !!! ..a very happy Christmas to you and your family and I hope you have a lovely time over the festive period crafty hugs Andrea #48

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, those light displays are amazing. I don't think there's room in dear old Britain for such things where people would actually see them! I love the secret santa gift..what a great way to use the die and sticker sheets that often lie half used...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I miss our local light display back in Virginia - seeing the photos was a lovely reminder. And the candle wrap/box idea? Genius. Decorative and practical!
    Sorry to be late but now I can get to my desk, it's commenting time ...

    Happy last WOYWW before Christmas!
    Mary Anne (24)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Vicky
    welcome back to WOYWW (sorry I missed you last week) I will try and catch up with your trip when I get some more time, it looks amazing.
    Love the candle and thanks for sharing the lights they look amazing.
    janet #30

    ReplyDelete
  18. Opps I forgot to say happy Christmas and a peaceful new year
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Vickie,

    Very nice to see all the Christmas lights. As a family we used to drive all around looking at the lights - so much fun! Your project for your Secret Sister looks amazing! I bet she loved it!

    Merry Christmas!!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry I'm so late arriving!! The lights look lovely, but your trip sounds tiring. Your Secret Sister box is fantastic! Helen 28

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse