Wednesday, December 11, 2013

ooooopppppssss....WOYWW

Nope I didn't fall off the face of the earth, no I wasn't gobbled up by a Purple Haired People Eater,  and I wasn't abducted by aliens and had thousands of unmentionable tests done on me...I have no excuse!  I really don't know what happened I just seemed to fall out of the crafting and blogging scene for awhile here.  Healthwise I haven't been feeling well but I have had worse bouts of feeling unwell.  I went to the Doctor this week and she is running a bunch of tests so maybe they will find out what is up with me again.  I was also started on another type of medication for my ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia called Lyrica.  Suppose to help with the headaches and muscle pains I have been having...maybe give me a little more energy to do more.

I wanted to get back into sharing with WOYWW and I have been doing a few crafty things but haven't taken the time to photograph them or my desk this week! I do have a picture of some tags I made recently for a class I am going to be teaching this Thursday at Scrap That.   I really have a lot of fun crafting but seems like a lot of things keep getting in the way! 

If you would like to know more about WOYWW check out Julia's blog Stamping Ground for more information.
so excited!

Heather and I took a cruise from Barcelona Spain to New Orleans on Carnivals latest fun ship the Sunshine.  I have always wondered what a transatlantic cruise would be like and thanks to Michael and Heather generosity I now know.   16 days about a ship with only 4 stops was an adventure to say the least.  We stopped in Palma de Mallorca, Malaga, Spain, Las Palmas in the Canary Islands and Grand Turk in the Caribbean...the Caicos or Turk islands.  




 I think Heather is awesome subject to photograph and look at these 2 photos of her side by side...
24 hours and no sleep!



The first one was at the airport in Oklahoma City waiting for our tickets and the second photo was after we had pretty much been up 24 hours and been in airports and on airplanes the whole time.  I am sure I didn't looks as good and she was still full of energy!  We didn't stay in Barcelona any time we flew in then caught a bus to the docks to get the ship.  Next time.  Barcelona is a beautiful city and I have been there before but unfortunately Heather hasn't.


Our first port of call was in Palma de Mallorca where we walked around town a bit, looked at the cathedral and had coffee with some friends.
A nice passerby took a picture of Heather and I together
Steps up behind the palace leading to the cathedral
looking out to the docks from the cathedral
Friends Alan and Fabris  




I heard that Malaga, Spain was a beautiful city but unfortunately I had fallen ill with a sinus and respiratory infection that kept me from getting out of my bed.  I don't remember having an upper respiratory tract infection like this in a long time I am so thankful I wasn't forced to get out of bed because I wouldn't have made it!  I saw the inside of the ship's infirmary to purchase decongestants but luckily didn't see the doctor.  I heard that they set a record for numbers of patients seen because of this virus!

In Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Canary Islands was an interesting town to visit.  Unfortunately I was still under the weather and didn't go anywhere but to a pharmacy and grocers before having some paella with Heather and heading back to the ship. 
Our boat is the one with the blue smoke stack

Heather posing for me!

Yummy Paella!
The next 6 days were "at sea days" and I was ever so grateful.  I began getting over the crud and poor Heather and 1/2 the ship came down with it.  Laying in bed at night I could hear people moving about and coughing in the halls...lovely stuff we brought back to the states with us!

During our sea days we spent a lot of time on deck sitting and reading, walking about the ship,

our favorite spot!

My favorite view!
Front of the ship from above the lido deck
The adults only deck

Back of the ship see the funny looking brown pods?  Most uncomfortable place to sit ever!
 We had 6 time changes during the crossing and luckily the weather change from cool to much warmer was easier to handle.   Our last stop was in the Caicos or Turk islands at the Island of Gran Turk.  Smallish size and from the top of the boat you could see water surrounding the island on all sides





Water water everywhere!
I was a hot day and I thought I was melting...
I think Heather was getting embarrassed when I ordered my 3rd margarita at Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville....They don't skimp on the Tequila either!
made a purchase of 2L tequila while on the island...too cheap to pass up! No I didn't have any difficulties getting back on the boat! 

We had 3 more days at sea in the Caribbean before we made it to New Orleans and home. 
Happy Campers...we had a blast!

16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful holiday, sounds like you had a blast.My son went to Barcelona just 2 weeks ago on a school trip! I've also fallen off the blogging bandwagon lately and this is my first time joining in with woyww for quite a while. Happy to see us both back here xx

    Fiona @57

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tags are lovely - so bright and cheerful. What a beautiful trip - glad you so enjoyed it.
    Margaret #65

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you had a fab holiday, thanks for sharing Donna #42

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy WOYWW. I have not joined in this week due to various reasons, including still not feeling very strong due to stomach problems, but still touring around. Glad I have seen your post. I would love to go on a cruise, but worry about being seasick and hubby says he would never go on one. Yes, Malaga is lovely - shame you missed it. You will have to go back! Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to have you posting and back within the fold. Gorgeous tags and a wonderful cruise by the sound of it. Couldn't have had a better companion either.
    Hugs, neet 14 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Thanks for sharing ALL the photos...I love foreign travel. Never desired a cruise though. It's always good to take a break, but I was concerned. And your break gave way to some really adorable tags. Just as cute as can be. Enjoy your week. You'll enjoy these photos for years to come too. So glad you were able to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see you back! Great shots of the cruise...bad luck on being ill, doesn't that always seem to happen.....
    Hope the new meds help with your condition, fingers crossed!
    Hugs, LLJ 43 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Vickie, What a fantastic post, I so wish I was on holidays right there right now. You have a very good friend they are rare treasures. Love those tags you made too. I am interested in this new tablet you will be taking let me know how you go will you, it will be interesting to pass onto my doctor. Now take it easy you know we all have ups and downs with the FM

    Happy whatever you are doing this week, crafting or drinking Tequila
    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 71

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous holiday you had, I'm very jealous. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment. I can't wait to check those recipes, it's such a pain being gluten free... Thanks again. Have a great week and happy crafting... DeDe #5

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry you were sick for your cruise. Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vickie,

    I hope you start to feel better and that the new treatment works for you. The tags you made for your class are great! I'm sure everyone will have fun.

    I love cruising! I did the 15 day HI cruise from Los Angeles and really enjoyed the 10 full days on the ship. Those were the best days and so relaxing.

    I'm not participating in WOYWW this week but when I saw your name I wanted to stop in and say hi.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful trip and fab photos. I've always fancied a cruise, one day! Take care Zo xx 82

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Vickie i had missed seeing you each week ! So glad you are back in time for Christmas at WOYWW !!
    And what a wonderful trip you have had - such a pain you missed Spain being ill as it is lovely ! Ali #96

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back Vicki! Hope you can find some solution to your medical issues soon. Fantastic post though, love the travels pics and your tags are beautiful. I haven't knit lave before either but looking forward to having a go! Although the way the weather is I'd be better off knitting a hat a gloves right now!

    Hugs
    Brenda 4

    ReplyDelete
  15. So nice to see you, Vicki! What a great travel diary of your cruise trip with Heather!! I wish you all the best with the Lyrica. I'm telling you, that stuff saved my life! I was very nearly crippled in pain from my fibromyagony, especially in my feet and legs, and after a few weeks, I was like a new woman. I pray that it makes as dramatic a positive difference in your life, too. Happy Belated WOYWW to you! Enjoy the rest of your week and Happy Holidays if we don't happen to connect again before then! Hugs, Darnell #22

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse