Friday, January 29, 2010

Chad's Birthday Card

My sons birthday was last week and I sent him birthday wishes via email (he lives in Germany) but then decided that was to "impersonal" for me. Sooooo....I sat down and made him a card and sent it along. I had difficulty getting the photographs the way I wanted them to be but I think you will get the gist of it. I wish I had taken a side view of Heather's card also but... I mean well!










The card I made is from a Technique Lovers challenge off of Splitcoast Stampers and is called an easel card. I made Heather an easel card on her birthday on the 7th January and she loved it so thought I would give it a go with a masculine appeal. The directions can be found here.











The close up on the front is a hoot!



I love the sentiment on the front of the card "A Proper Vintage Gentleman" because Chad turned 34 year old on his birthday.
The muse token on the front has a C cut out that stands for Courageous(and Chad!)











The card is made out of Stampin Up! card stock basic black, real red, not quite navy, whisper white. The designer paper is from Graphic 45. I stamped the sentiment in the card using a Stampin Up! birthday stamp in basic black. The film ribbon, muse token, and chain are from Tim Holtz's collections. Dew drops are the prop that keeps the card standing instead of sliding closed. The film ribbon was a lot of fun to play with because I cut small pictures out of the DP and glued them to the ribbon and it looks like real film pics. I like the easel card because it comes with it's own stand and is so easy to make.

2 comments:

  1. that's awesome mom! :) very manly, yet very nice looking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vickie! Great card! We need to get together next time I'm in Norman and "play" with our paper and stamps! Love your stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse