Tuesday, February 3, 2009

6x6 Healthy recipe page and Encouraging card

I shipped off a group of cards to a swap last week that were for a healthy recipe and a card of encouragement. I love doing swaps! I love making the cards or whatever and I love seeing what other people are doing and shipping back to me.

This swap was for a 6x6 recipe card and I decided to do my old Weight Watchers party standby for Veggie Pizza. I have seen and tried a lot of different recipes for the pizza and this is my favorite.
The 6x6 in base is Stampin Up kraft card stock, pizza is from Flair Designs , What's Cooking collection. Creative Imaginations makes the chip board zucchini and veggies. I used Rose Red and Whisper White for the recipe mounting also from SU The flourishes are from a clear stamp set that I have long since lost the manufacturers info. Stampin Up Chocolate Chip ink pad.


The encouragement card is made from Stampin Up Pink Pirouette textured card stock, Bella Rose DP, Old Olive card stock, Whisper White card stock embossed with a Cuddlebug embossing folder called . The Old Olive is edged with the scalloped edge punch and paper pierced. I used old olive ink to stamp the sentiments from the Happy Harmony stamp set on whisper white card stock. I finished the card off with 3 pearls from Queen & Co. and some ribbon I found in the bargain bin at a local craft store.

As I was working on the above projects I thought I had so much to be thankful for with all the things I have to do my craft projects with. I love all my tools but what I really love this week is my Big Shot die cut machine from Stampin Up. Sizzix makes the machine but the only place you can get this particular machine is from Stampin Up! The reason I love the Big Shot is that it can do so much for me and make my life so much easier. I use it to dry emboss with the cuddle bug folders, cut shapes with all sorts of different manufacturers products like Cuddle bug, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Sizzix dies etc.

Stay tuned for another blog this week. I have made more cards and I thought I would post some of the Valentines cards this week so everyone could see them.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and I will need to try out that recipe. I am an old timer with WW but have not been good lately - my bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You card is gorgeous! I really like how you added the green scallop border the the embossed piece. Very pretty.
    - Mandy

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse