Tuesday, June 13, 2017

WOYWW #419

This week went by pretty fast...WOW!  Seems like I just got done with posting last week and it is already time to post again.  I don't mind though cause WOYWW is so much fun!  What is WOYWW...check here.  Julia started it 8 years ago and has kept it going through thick and thin!  Thanks Julia!
My desk this week...don't know what happened to the desk picture but I have already deleted it from my phone!  Oh well...next week

Busy making cards this week trying to get caught up with card and ATC swaps.  I am not posting pictures of ATC's I made till I hear that the people I sent them to actually have received them.  I only shipped off 6 and for some reason thought that I needed 10 so I can still swap a few more.  I can show you pictures of the ATC's I have received this past week!  All are beautiful...thank you!
Twiglet, Wipso, Shazsilverwolf, Clair
UPDATE:  
Went to the mail box today and lo and behold another ATC has shown up!  WOW Andrea!  You are awesome!  I love the ATC pocket on the left, the tac, and the card  it all fits into!  Thank you for the awesome stamps and die cuts!  I will definitely use them!
Some cards I made this week!  I am all caught up I think!
a sketch challenge card!  
a graduation card

a double apron/curtain fold card




a sketch challenge and colors blue, brown, and green!

blue, masculine, circles Challenge card


Male Birthday














another green, brown, and blue challenge!

flowers, handmade embellies!




I have totally caught up on all my swap and challenge commitments now and it really feels good.  I have been spending time every day doing some kind of work in my craft room.  Makes me feel better knowing I have accomplished something!  I actually made two more but I evidently didn't take a picture so I hope someone does when they get them

The garden is growing well...we have harvested potatoes (20 lbs), onions (15 lbs), garlic (+/-3 lbs), and I am not sure weight wise how much in cabbages (6 green and 1 red), Kale, and Chard.  We have put many packages of both in the freezer and will put more in as it grows.  If you would like to see more pictures of the yard and garden check here...
Kale, Cabbage, and Chard



I canned 7 pint jars of green beans and potatoes.
Learned an interesting lesson yesterday...Chuck and I picked these green beans...he had planted two rows green and two rows black beans....the interesting thing I learned was black beans can't be picked and used for canning!
Black bean are tough and stringy and have to be left to ripen like peas...okay we will wait!

14 comments:

  1. Glad to see your ATCs have arrived safely. Love the cards you've made and your garden looks amazing.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #14

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are wonderful Vickie and I spy our little ATCs there too! What a very productive veg patch you have - so satisfying to grow your own stuff. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many lovely cards! They must have kept you busy! My mum and dad grown their own vegetables as well - I know how much work it is to preserve them. It would be better if they grew all year around so you could always pick them fresh from the garden - but hey-ho it doesn't work like that! The supermarket it is for us for now, but it must be very satisfying to grow your own veggies. Enjoy your week! zsuzsa #28

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vickie, some gorgeous cards this week. Love them. Pleased the ATC arrived, and that you liked it. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #9 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll swap an atc with you Vickie! Though I apologise in advance that mine are in landscape mode and seem to have ruined everyone's neat displays of ATCs over the past two weeks :-D. Your crafting is fab as ever, but what really made me smile was your fantastic veg garden and the canning. I miss my veg beds a lot...when I get the garden sorted, I'm definitely getting back to growing next year!
    Hugs, LLJ 3 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Splendid makes and so manyof them, lovely pix too

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #12

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vickie,
    I love all the cards! Some of those papers are beautiful. The apron card is very cool!!

    Interesting about the black beans. I wonder why they are different. I looked at your gardening post and holy cow! I love cosmos; thanks for reminding me about them. I should buy some seeds and spread in my yard - somewhere.

    Happy WOYWW
    Peace, Kay (43)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous cards, and love the atcs. shame your desk photo went missing! I can imagine though...! have a good week. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the card collection. I just think I've caught up and then someone else has a birthday. Great collection of ATCs too. Happy woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your productive garden.The raised beds are a great idea aren't they? Love all the pretty flowers.I am about to plant lots at my house.We just had a new fence put up, and that's given me a little place to put a row out the front between us and the next door neighbour's place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - you must be very organized to get all that done!
    April #33

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are some pretty amazing cards!! Have a great week! xo Cheetarah #37

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning cards beautiful selection... love the ATC'S also... your garden looks great I am growing green beans so I must look up on how to preserve them!! Have a good week ahead.... May#29

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've inspired me to have a go at pickling!
    Have a super weekend,
    Katie xx44

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse