Wednesday, February 24, 2016

WOYWW #351

Short but sweet this week!  I still haven't done much in the way of any crafting or art work.  I just don't have what it takes to get it done!  Here is a picture of my desk this week!

A few more new stamp pads and a couple new stamp sets from Stampin' Up!  I am planning on making myself get busy and do something but it is a work in progress.




I saw these shells on Pinterest the other day and I was thinking perhaps I could buy some shells to make a few....I loved the Dresden China look of the various shells and attempted to make one using a shell I had but it smeared and looked horrible.  I have since bought some Sharpie Oil Based Markers and will try again as soon as I get some more shells. 





Here is another example of using shells and decorating them!  Having two such photos to work off I went to buy some shells but they are very pricey to say the least! 


A young friend of mine heard that I wanted to make a few so she brought me a big box of shells!
Maybe by next week I will have a few finished to share...

Okay that is it for my desk and crafty stuff!  If you would like to play along visit Julia at Stamping Ground (there is also a link on the right side bar) and click on the WOYWW link!

I had 5 medical appointments since last week this time and just sitting and waiting to get through each one just wears me out!  No new news just the same old stuff.  My broken knee is healing well and I should continue to try stay off that leg and limit walking on it just to go to the toilet etc and always use the walker or cane when I have to walk...hello!  What world do they live in?  I am not the Queen of Sheba with someone to wait on me hand and foot!  My back isn't going to have to undergo surgery right away we are going to try to be more conservative and try physical therapy and drugs first...glad to hear that cause they were telling me it would be surgery for sure at the last appointment!!  

17 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you broke your knee and that your back is injured! No wonder your time at the desk has been limited.Those shell pictures are utterly gorgeous! Maybe it's something you could work on in a more comfortable chair or couch? Best wishes and happy WOYWW, ~ Laura #60

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I didn't even know you had a broken knee. I'm sorry to hear that.
    I just looove those blue and white shells. I hope you get to make something like that too. And wasn't that sweet of your young friend to gift you a box of shells, which no doubt held beach day memories.

    Happy WOYWW,
    and have a good week,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shells are lovely. Take care of yourself my dear. If you get a chance drop by my desk for a peek.

    ENJOY WOYWW
    Pat #61

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy WOYWW. I look forward to seeing what you do with the shells - never seen decorated ones before. It is always amazing what you can find on Pinterest. Did not know about your knee. It always makes me laugh when doctors say to rest completely. Even after surgery I have to be up and taking care of the animals as soon as possible. Hope you heal relatively quickly. I have not had any crafty motivation for ages, but have decided to get the sewing machine working - and going to tackle my first patchwork project. If I say I will do it, then it will actually get done, eventually! Ali x #42

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an interesting idea for shells. I shall have to check them out on Pinterest. I have a few shells I've collected. Might be good to do something with.

    Funny story - while in Washington picking up daughter hubby kept smelling something. Looked everywhere. Couldn't find anything. Got home and she was looking through gifts she'd bought and found out the smell was coming from some shells she'd picked up on a trip to the beach. They smelled terribly! She'd forgotten about them and hadn't washed them. Yuck!

    Have a great week
    Sharon K #47

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see your shells. The examples in the pictures are so pretty. April #67

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooer nice stash of shells there Vicki well done you, and yes they do look lovely!
    Thanks so much for popping over and for sharing.
    Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #25

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those decorated shells! Hope you get around to making some. Sorry to hear about your knee. That's awful. Do hope it's on the mend.
    RosA #35

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought you were supposed to get moving after an op... people I know who've had knee replacements were up and moving more or less at once.. hope your knees gets better soon - but great that you don't have to have back surgery. It's no wonder you don't fancy crafting - good luck with the shells, I saw that photo on FB and they look gorgeous - something to aspire to!! Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw those shells too on FB!! I fell in love with them - do you think they paint everything white before using the blue?
    I'm sorry you're going through the mill, healthwise Vickie - chin up girlie. Do what you can when you feel able.
    Hugs, LLJ 13 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Vickie. I haven't been around much recently, so hadn't caught up with your blog posts. I'm so sorry to hear you have broken your knee - but glad it is on the mend. Glad, too, that surgery on your back isn't imminent - that IS good news - no-one wants back surgery unless it's the very last thought...
    Those shells look great, don't they - I hope you enjoy trying out the ones you have been given. They look a fabulous selection there in that box!!
    Take care of yourself - and yes, it would be nice to have someone wait on you hand and foot - great idea, just totally impractical, if you are anything like me. Where do these medics get their ideas from??
    Love to you as you simply take your time each day.
    God bless.
    Margaret #40

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear so sorry to hear about your knee, Steve has bad knees and they do constrict everything he does.
    Love the shells they are gorgeous, the shells on our beach are so tiny you wouldn't be able to paint them.
    Jan no49

    ReplyDelete
  13. No wonder you're exhausted, the waiting and then the discussions are really use up so much energy. Hate that your back is suffering because of your knee.. And I love that they think you are the Queen of Sheba! It's always the way, they think it will be fine to just rest up and just not to anything! The good thing about your desk...it will wait for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I look forward to seeing how you get on with the shells as I have lots and don't know what to do with them. Happy crafty WOYWW, Angela x 28

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are healing well. I look forward to seeing what you do with the shells. Lovely pics of inspiration. Creative Blessings! Kelly #62

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, the possibilities! I really like this idea, especially the ones all blinged up! Hope to see some of yours next time! Thanks for visiting earlier! zsuzsa #38

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome shells! Such a great idea! :)

    Have a nice weekend!
    Late WOYWW wishes from Sussie nr 50

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse