Sunday, January 20, 2013

Art Journal Class

UPDATE:  For some reason this post didn't post and I don't know why!  I have two that were just sitting here in limbo waiting for me to come find them.  


My art journal class starts this next Thursday, 1/24,  and will be running on a monthly basis starting next month.  The class will be on the 4th Thursday of each month unless it is a holiday or some other life issue intervenes and then the change will be announced ahead of time.  The initial class is $30 (because everyone needs a journal to create their art in) then it will be $20 a month there after.  Art journaling can be a lot of fun and a healthy catharsis.  YOU don't have to be an artist (I'm not!) to do my class and all you have to have is the journal and a healthy desire to create something!  We will provide the know how and the products you will need to do the class. 

Here are the pages for the first class this coming up Thursday!  This is a page I created earlier this year and thought it would work for this class because I will be teaching how to use spray inks, both mixed yourself, Ranger, and Dylusions sprays.  Everyone needs to know how to use stamps, how to dry emboss, deboss, use embossing powders etc and we will cover that in this first class. 

I decided to start my art journaling using spray inks and stamps cause I don't think I can draw worth a hoot but as I journey on I am being nicer to myself and seeing that maybe I have possibilites. 
 I used Dylusions sprays to get the vibrant colors  on these pages and then went back and sprayed, inked and did whatever to create multiple layers of color ending the layering with a lot of stamping with Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous stamps.  The embellishments were from ideology and stuff out of my stash! 





1 comment:

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse